Dyson switch replacement V10 Absolute | Dyson Community
Solved

Dyson switch replacement V10 Absolute

• 5 February 2024
  • 2 replies

I purchased a V10 Absolute in Sept 2019. Yesterday the power switch gave up. On reading the various threads it looks like the switch needs to be replaced. Is this still covered under warranty. Seems crazy that this should bneed to be replaced after just over 4 years.

If it is not covered, what would the repair cost be

TIA

Kevin

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 12 February 2024, 17:48

View original

2 replies

@KevinD Hi there and thanks for the post. If the trigger button is bad, the part you’re going to need is called “main body cyclone” - please contact local support to match you with the part specific to your model and pricing, etc.

Hi Adam.

I called to my local seller where I purchased from. His advice was to throw it out and buy a new one. I was not impressed

I purchased this just over 4 years ago at a cost of 500 euro. I did not expect that it would give in so soon. A new V11 costs approx 600 and I wasn't going to go down that road.

The replacement part you are talking about costs approx 140 euro, then add delivery.

I researched it online and purchased the switch on  it's own for 15 euro which included postage.  I also found a 15 minute video on YouTube which showed exactly how to replace the switch. I replaced the switch  yesterday myself  and all is working OK. 

If I listened to everyone else I could have been severely out of pocket. 

Yours Sincerely

Kevin