Cordless Dyson V11 - Pulsing/Stopping & Starting - Help! | Dyson Community
Solved

Cordless Dyson V11 - Pulsing/Stopping & Starting - Help!

• Anonymous
  • 0 replies

Hi. Our family Dyson has stopped working. 

It has been on charge all day, has a full battery but when we press to ‘go’ button it stops and starts a couple of times before switching off. 

Can anyone help?

icon

Best answer by Charliebrown 13 June 2022, 17:02

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

@Maria23 I’ve had the same happen to me. Over the weekend our brand new Cordless, which cost a pretty penny started making a motor noise. 

Searching online, I found out that the noise is down to a blockage, but for the life of me I can't find it. My partner would usually look it over, but their away on business and I need it working ASAP.

How do I know if I've checked everywhere? Are there any hidden places where I should be checking?

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

The Cordless vacuums | Dyson Community | Dyson Community section in the knowledgebase has a couple posts that could help. 

My cordless vacuum cleaner is making a pulsing noise, what does this mean? | Dyson Community seems to suggest YouTube or viewing the online support would be best. 

Hope this helps. 

Charlie.

Thanks @Charliebrown

After watching the YouTube a few times, I found the problem. My mother had sucked up a sock. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hello @Maria23,

We’re glad to know you were able to locate a blockage, and the issue wasn’t more serious. For all cord-free owners here, any time this issue occurs, in addition to a blockage within the machine, the issue can also be that your filter(s) are in need of cleaning. Even if those still look clean, you would be surprised how much dust/dirt can linger deep within the filter. Keeping this clean and free from debris will keep your machine working optimally.

Best wishes,

Hate my Dyson V11 as seem to spend most of the time unblocking it which is never straightforward and so messy.  Why does it also blow dust around instead of picking it up.  At the end of my tether with it and going to invest in a model that works but won’t ever be a Dyson again

I have a Dyson V11 also. Bought in 2020. Just died. You would hope as much as I paid for it, I wouldn’t have to replace it so soon. They don’t last 10 years. How about 2 years and a a month when it died. Sad!! My backup is a competitor, who I won’t name, and I have had that for over 8 years. Rule of thumb- just because it cost more doesn’t make it better. 

could you name it because I paid £499 and 1 year precisely out of warranty, it has stopped working, charged 100%, new filter fitted, empty and clean. Not good enough

It’s pretty standard for Dyson to guarantee their stick models for two-years. Replacements past that point you’ll need to start paying for. In general they aren’t a cheap brand, but at their price point for new vacuum, it’s all relative. $30 charger, £30 filter, up to $150 for a battery or another machine for $500 - $800. I know what I’d prefer.

I think that the advice given for the drying time for the filter is faulty. The filter needs 48 hours to dry completely and not 24. If the filter is not fully dry then the machine sucks in moisture and is irreparably damaged.

I think that the advice given for the drying time for the filter is faulty. The filter needs 48 hours to dry completely and not 24. If the filter is not fully dry then the machine sucks in moisture and is irreparably damaged.

Good point! I think they updated it on the newer models to ‘24 - 48 hours’.