Dyson V11 won't charge even with a new battery and charge - Suggestions? | Dyson Community
Solved

Dyson V11 won't charge even with a new battery and charge - Suggestions?

Userlevel 1

Can anyone help??😫.  My Dyson started to pulse and said something like “air blockage”/?   So I took it all apart and cleaned it.  It was still blocked??  After trying again to find the blockage, ordered a new filter and then I decided this must be a false report.  When I plugged it back in….. it would not charge.  So I decided it must have been that battery losing charge.  I ordered a new battery, and it still wouldn’t charge.  This was getting confusing, so I decided it must be the plug/charger that is not connecting properly.  Yesterday I got a new plug/charger and to my horror, it still won’t charge.  No idea what to do now.  It is about 3 years old, and I have paid out approx £120 so far on new parts.  I have also went out and bought another vacuum as I could not wait weeks for this vacuum to decide to start working again.  So I do have another vacuum now (thank goodness, but nothing as good as the Dyson and I don’t feel this one picks up well at all) so I want my Dyson working again.   ANYONE got any thoughts??  

When I plug it is, the two blue lights come on for a second and then they go out.  With both batteries and both chargers/plug.   I would be very grateful for any suggestions whatsoever.

(Moderation Edit - Tags Added/Title Updated) 

icon

Best answer by samwise 8 May 2023, 05:26

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Replacing the main body/handle component is the only other part noteworthy. It contains the electrical/power component for charging, operating and whatnot. 

before purchasing, try by charging the battery removed from the vac. If it charges, the handles at fault. If it doesn’t, either the battery of charger are duff! 

Userlevel 1

Thank you Samwise.  - strange you should say that, last night I discovered that the battery flashed its blue lights when I took it off the Dyson to see if it would charge on its now.  BOTH batteries looked like they charged.  So your answer looks like it could be the right way to go.  So both charging/plugs work, and the batteries are both charging.  

I am going to get a handle component now.  By the time I get this Dyson going, I could probably build a second one with all the parts I have purchased.🙄.

I really appreciate your answer and your expertise.

Userlevel 1

Hi @samwise   I finally received the handle component and it works perfectly !!  thank you for your help.