Dyson V12 - purchased Nov 2023 | Dyson Community
Solved

Dyson V12 - purchased Nov 2023

• 18 March 2024
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Not used very much at all and now for first time yesterday I cannot recharge it.  Usually I have finished short hoovering session and then put straight back on charger and blue light flashing.

Yesterday - hoovering stairs and I knew I was running out.  It stopped and I put it on charge - No blue light and that’s it ‘nothing’.

I have taken it off the plug I use and put into another - nothing.

Any thoughts welcome. Thank you

icon

Best answer by Jack 27 March 2024, 12:03

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @Primrose,

Welcome to the Dyson Community!

This sounds like an unusual issue, and to help pinpoint the cause we'll need our Customer Care experts to take you through some further troubleshooting checks when you have your Dyson V12 Detect Slim™ vacuum easily to hand. If a replacement part or a repair is needed, they’ll be able to confirm if this is covered under your Dyson warranty.

Please visit Dyson.com and click the round purple button to launch the Dyson Digital Assistant. Then click the agent icon in the bottom left corner of the chat window to start a conversation with our Customer Care team.

We'll look forward to speaking with you!

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

OK - here is the update.  I contacted Dyson and they said it was the Charger and immediately sent me out a new one.  

We put it in and - NOTHING!

Contacted Dyson again (by return) and they have sent me out a complete new machine.

The service was excellent under guarantee - but - it is exactly the same issue my daughter had with hers (not the same model) and they replaced the whole machine for her.

Surely there is something going wrong here - however - fingers crossed once I start using this replacement all goes well.