Dyson V15 install issues | Dyson Community
Solved

Dyson V15 install issues

• 6 March 2024
  • 2 replies

Just opened my Dyson V15. And went to mount it on the wall with the included baseplate/drywall anchors/and screws.. Just to find out the screws that they included are 2 long!!!! I got them 75% of the way installed and then it brakes the drywall anchor into the wall to get it tight.. so if I leave it at 75% the baseplate is hanging off the wall. I looked at the other models. V 10 etc. and the baseplate was thicker.. so I think they included the same size screws in the V15 as they did in the V10.. SO upset.. I had to pull it off the wall leaving 2 BIG holes in my drywall. I cant be the only one with this issue! 

icon

Best answer by Jack 13 March 2024, 13:52

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @scuba2321,

Welcome to the Dyson Community, and thanks for letting us know about this.

Although we include a set of screws for the Wall dock, there’s no single set of screws suitable for every type of wall or surface available - so we rely on owners selecting a screw type and length that’s right for their chosen installation space. A hardware stores would be best placed to advise if you’re not sure.

If you’d like to discuss this further, you’re welcome visit Dyson.com and click the round purple button to launch the Dyson Digital Assistant. Then click the agent icon in the bottom left corner of the chat window to start a live chat conversation with our Customer Care team.

Jack,

Thank you for the info. Unfortunately there's nothing special about my drywall.  My house is only 5 years old and it's built to code so there's nothing special or different. What I believe is that you included screws that work perfectly fine for The different docking station / base plate that came with the V8 or even the V10. But the v15 has a thinner base plate and y'all didn't adjust anything. I did try calling the helpline where I spent over an hour and a half speaking to someone who didn't even know what a drywall anchor is. They forward me on to their manager and that person didn't even know what a drywall anchor is. They thought it was a two different sets of screws... So disappointed that Dyson hires people that don't really know much about their product or even what comes in it. Any person should know the difference between a drywall screw and a drywall anchor.. obviously I can run to home Depot and buy what I need but it's just very disappointing that your own team could not help support people with something so simplistic.