Dyson V15 turning On/Off - Please help | Dyson Community
Solved

Dyson V15 turning On/Off - Please help

• 8 August 2023
  • 3 replies

every time I use my dyson v15 detect it switches off and on three or four times before it works. I have washed filters and brought after market ones my machine. I is not even a year old

Can anyone help why my v15 detect turns off and on all the time I go to vacuum ?

(Moderation Edit - Title Edited/Tags Added)

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 10 August 2023, 12:48

View original

3 replies

Hello @Trac69 

Thanks for posting a question to the wider community. Sorry that you are experiencing this with your Dyson v15™.

When a machine pulsates (switching on and off), usually this is an indicator of a blockage, a filter that needs to be washed or a damaged filter.

As mentioned you already cleaned your filters and checked for blockages, I would then suggest you look into replacing your filters as there is definitely a restriction in air flow within your machine.

You can either place an order via or website or make contact with us directly and one of our Representatives will assist you with this.

If you need further support after this, please get in touch via our WhatsApp channel and one of our team will be happy to discuss the next steps. To do this, simply click on our Guides and manuals link, navigate to the ‘Contact us’ section of the page and select ‘Start a WhatsApp conversation’. 

I have also added a link for further insight on maintaining your Dyson over here

If there is any further support you require, don't hesitate to respond over here.

Regards,

I have tried a new filter still the same problem I have rang Dyson and they sending a new unit to try as no fault message comes up there’s a blockage 

Stick vacs are easy to troubleshoot if you know how, but can be expensive outside of the warranty. They either replace the battery, charger or main body. In the event they can’t solve it with one, they move onto the other. I’d say the fault is with the main body, the sensors are misdiagnosing an issue. Frustrating, as it means you can’t use it until they’ve replaced a part.