Dyson V15s Submarine - Compatibility Feedback | Dyson Community
Skip to main content

As you know, the V15s can’t officially be retrofitted to a standard V15.

Let me rephrase it better: your 799€ vacuum cannot use a 150€ accessory that is fitted to the very same vacuum with an S at the end and with the same price and functionality.

This due to two options, and whatever the answer, they’re both awful for customers and for a company like Dyson:

• you don’t want to
  • you can’t due to a FW update issue

Now the first one, although understandable, is a complete lack of respect towards your customers. We’re talking people that invested good money on what is supposed to be the best product on the market and I give you credit for that, is a great product, but being screwed over like this is something I wouldn’t expect to be honest. Especially because I, like many other people, would have been interested in purchasing that accessory, even with a higher price. But being cut out like this, with the very same model? That is not how you do it. You could have opted for an adapter if you really wanted to, is not like it’s magic or something, where there is a will there is a way and yet you didn’t.

Let’s move to the second option, which isn’t better. This means a fundamental lack of foresight/planned obsolescence. Again, on a 799€ model which was supposed to be the top of the line not that long ago. The V15 is not even 3 years old and Bluetooth, USB and Wi-Fi weren’t exactly new in 2021.

As a customer, I’m disappointed (Edit) about this situation because I genuinely feel like I’ve been scammed. Don’t get me wrong, I love the product and what it does, but I don’t like the fact that the very same product can do other stuff that mine can’t just because one of those reasons I mentioned above. In general, I prefer to buy good products, top of the line precisely because of that, precisely because I don’t want to be cut off for upgrades, and I want support. I got none of it.

I wouldn’t had any issue whatsoever if you had this feature on a different model, like a hypothetical V16 or something, it would have been annoying for sure, but I would have understood that from a company perspective, but not like this.

There’s still time, admitting to be wrong and going back on your steps would be highly appreciated by your customers. 

(Moderation Edit - Sensitive Wording Removed/Tags Added)