Dyson V7 - Shuts off after 5 seconds in MAX mode | Dyson Community
Solved

Dyson V7 - Shuts off after 5 seconds in MAX mode

• 9 February 2023
  • 5 replies

My Dyson V7 Animal shuts off after running for just 5 seconds in MAX mode.  If I run it in STANDARD mode it will run perfectly fine for about 20 min.  As soon as I switch to MAX it cuts off after 5 seconds.  It does not pulse, it stops completely.

I’ve replaced the battery, the charger and both filters, and I have done a complete teardown cleaning. What else could be causing this issue?

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 9 February 2023, 21:24

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

5 replies

Alright @BigEDGE02,

Two possibilities. An internal fault on the PCB/M, resulting in the vacuum to short or a faulty battery. The former requires a replacement main body. Main body and screws 968677-02 | Dyson GB

Was the battery a genuine replacement? I’ve had non genuine batteries DOA. 

Purchased my second cordless after my first would only run time of 5/10 seconds and once again the new cordless is having same issue was just out of two year guarantee this us only used as second hover as main hoover is a dyson ball. Very disappointed with dyson products and guarantee price of replacement battery too expensive 

Not to be one to rub salt on the wound. It’s common to only guarantee  batteries for a minimum of two years. 

Battery care is more important than some people know. If you’ve only used this a handful of times and let the battery run flat/deplete each time, and it’s then remained empty for a while, the battery life/capacity will suffer. This effects all batteries, not only those that come with Dyson.

Thanks, I used daily although main hoover is the dyson ball. I would go around the house until flat then put back on charge. I’m a bit house proud lol.  Disappointed this is second one should if learnt by the first one doing the same 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hey all,

Great conversation here. One article we have posted before, that I refer our owners to often when assisting with troubleshooting is a great source for all cord-free owners.

You can have a look by clicking on this link: How to maximise your cordless vacuum's battery life

I hear so much feedback from our owners in my daily Dyson-doing’s regarding battery life. This article has some great tips!