Dyson V8 battery has no power after 10 seconds | Dyson Community

Dyson V8 battery has no power after 10 seconds

• 22 November 2022
  • 4 replies

Ive had my V8 for about 5 years now, about 3 years ago the battery failed, I called Dyson who said they’d send me one for free as they’d had a problem with their batteries, great i thought. But now i need to replace this replacement. And lo and behold, i don’t have a serial number as it’s on the battery. I chucked out the original battery, they cant seem to help me on WhatsApp, or on the phone, even though i sent a photo of the battery,.  Has anyone else had this problem.  Im stuck with a V8, which i have to say when its working is great, and i cant purchase a new battery as there are several types and you have to know the serial number to get the battery,   Over 40 minutes waiting on the phone. 2 days on WhatsApp and now I’m sitting here waiting for a call back……….. so i thoughts id off load all my V8 problems to you guys. Thanks for reading, bored yet,.  I am…… 

(Edited by moderator – Moved to a new category)

Stuart 1 year ago

Hi @ToniB

It doesn’t look like anyone else on the community has encountered a similar issue. This is a positive point, however it hasn’t help you in finding an answer.

Dyson have several online resources that should be able to direct you to identifying the battery required for your model, without the need for the serial number.

I’d recommend visiting the Replacement batteries page on the UK website and proceeding through to your model purchasing page. Genuine replacement Dyson V8™️ vacuum battery.

Here you will be presented with three battery options. D, E and a Filter specific variants. Each of these have identifying characteristics specific to the machine model.

The below image should help you identify your existing battery. Please note the difference in the battery and the filter design. 

If you are outside of the UK and want to procced with order a battery online, please visit Dyson local webpage. 

Feel free to @Me if you require any further support. 

Thanks, 

Stuart

View original

4 replies

I am trying to get a battery for my  V8 as well. They are out of stock and have been for the past month.   Mine stays charged long enough for me to vaccum three steps.  It will take 20 hrs to do the complete stairway.  I understand supply change shortages I also understand this unit is still in production.  So there are batteries.  Just not for past customers??

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @ToniB

It doesn’t look like anyone else on the community has encountered a similar issue. This is a positive point, however it hasn’t help you in finding an answer.

Dyson have several online resources that should be able to direct you to identifying the battery required for your model, without the need for the serial number.

I’d recommend visiting the Replacement batteries page on the UK website and proceeding through to your model purchasing page. Genuine replacement Dyson V8™ vacuum battery.

Here you will be presented with three battery options. D, E and a Filter specific variants. Each of these have identifying characteristics specific to the machine model.

The below image should help you identify your existing battery. Please note the difference in the battery and the filter design. 

If you are outside of the UK and want to procced with order a battery online, please visit Dyson local webpage. 

Thanks, 

Stuart

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

I am trying to get a battery for my  V8 as well. They are out of stock and have been for the past month.   Mine stays charged long enough for me to vaccum three steps.  It will take 20 hrs to do the complete stairway.  I understand supply change shortages I also understand this unit is still in production.  So there are batteries.  Just not for past customers??

Hi @Waltlu 

We're sorry you've had difficulty trying to order. Like many technology industry retailers, a shortage of resources and materials, manufacturing control orders and inflation have impacted our business and production on a global scale.

We’re proactively looking into alternative solutions as the situation evolves, but in the shorter term this means that some spare parts may be available in limited quantities.

It's best to sign up on our website to be notified when stock is available. This can be done by completing the ‘Notify Me’ option. This will ask you to provide an email, to which you’ll receive notifications on when this spare is back in stock. If you haven’t already done this, I would urge you to do so. 

Thanks, 

Stuart

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Hi @ToniB

I’d recommend visiting the Replacement batteries page on the UK website and proceeding through to your model purchasing page. Genuine replacement Dyson V8™ vacuum battery.

Thanks, 

Stuart

Hi @Stuart

What a great example of a business automating their service. This self-service tool must have seen a decrease in incorrect orders, complaints and owners speaking to someone. 

Other business could learn a lot from Dyson.

Charlie.