Dyson vacuum smells like a wet dog /Unpleasant odour - Help | Dyson Community
Solved

Dyson vacuum smells like a wet dog /Unpleasant odour - Help

• 22 April 2023
  • 6 replies

Hi guys hope your all safe and well.iv got a dyson v10 from a friend.i fitted new filter plus deep cleaned the hover but iam still getting a strong smell from there dogs coming from the filter when using it.the smells in the motor cover.how can I clean it..thanks justin

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 24 April 2023, 11:55

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Usually the result of water getting into the vacuum. Either the components weren't completely dry before reinserted them or it got wet before you acquired it.   

I’d suggest washing the filter, dismantling the parts and leaving everything to dry for about a day or more. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Use the Guides and manuals link on their Cleaning the filter(s) on your cordless vacuum cleaner post. Their diagnostic site provides a step by step cleaning 😀

Hey @Justin - If you’re stuck, here’s a playlist for their filter washing - YouTube - Playlist. 👍

Evening jayjay

Iv washed the filter fully untill it smells clean and no dogs smell..but as soon as I refit the filter it still smells like is from inside motor cage..iv ordered a new one and see how that goes..thanks for the advice 

Fitter a new dyson filter and it still smells off wet dog even more when you run it at max speed and it warms up 🤢..smells better when I give it a few sprays off dettol antibacterial..full strip down later in the week..will keep you posted..

Fitter a new dyson filter and it still smells off wet dog even more when you run it at max speed and it warms up 🤢..smells better when I give it a few sprays off dettol antibacterial..full strip down later in the week..will keep you posted..

If it’s still there after a thorough wash, you’ll have to buy a new one!!