Dyson Vietnam vs New Broken V12S - Warranty/Guarantee claim | Dyson Community
Skip to main content

I have around 4 Dyson products, 2 Dryer and V12 Vacuum Cleaner and a new V12 Submarine, and I decide to buy one more V12S again for using upstairs. but suddenly I have a problem with the last V12S Submarine just bought 1 month ago.

I bought a new V12S submarine on 14 August 2023, Serial Number: DY 44875-01 from Vietnam.

After 2 times, 7-8 days once, of using for cleaning, the V12S does not give out the water/cleaning agent for cleaning any more. I send it to Dyson Service Center in Việt Nam  on 11 September 2023, for checking since it is a brand new. After 10 days, Dyson Service center claimed that the inside motor has problem although I use iit only 3 times but due to DYSON policy they can not replace this motor for us under warranty and we have to buy a new one. If I agree to buy a new one I have to wait for 4 months, and during this time what I use for cleaning ?

Frankly, I am surprise with the service quality and would Iike to know is it correct that Dyson is not responsible for replace part under warranty ? Even the failed part happened not due to the user ? It it is DYSON policy I really disappointed with DYSON service.

Hi @Le trung Chanh

Thanks for letting us know about this. Dyson always challenge themselves to offer the highest levels of service, so I can only apologise for the experience you’ve had so far.

As Dyson offer a 2-year warranty against newly purchased Cordless machines and 1-year against accessories, I find it strange that the team are asking for reimbursement for a replacement part or repair. I urge you to continue your conversation with them and ask that they clarify the charge and any delay in replacement parts becoming available. Here is the link to the local Dyson website, where you can locate the contact details for the local team - https://www.dyson.vn/.

As our community team don't have access to customer records on a global scale, we won’t be able to intervene on your behalf, our customer service expert in market should be able to assist you further and provide you with commentary and discuss any further steps directly with you. 

Thanks, 

Stuart