Gen5 Outsize wheels - snapped off | Dyson Community
Solved

Gen5 Outsize wheels - snapped off

• 27 February 2024
  • 6 replies

I’m wondering if other users have experienced issues with the GEN five outsize wheels breaking off. Both of my machines (One for Home, and one in my small office have experienced both wheels snapping off, and both machines are only two months old.

Apparently, Dyson is out of motorhead to replace the faulty parts. 

icon

Best answer by Jack 28 February 2024, 12:58

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @Andykayy,

Welcome to the Dyson Community - I’m sorry to hear you’ve having this issue with your Dyson Gen5detect™ vacuums.

For support, you'll need to talk directly to our Dyson Customer Care experts in your region. If the part you need is currently out of stock, they’ll be best-placed to give an estimate on availability.

Please visit Dyson.com and click the round purple button to launch the Dyson Digital Assistant. Then click the agent icon in the bottom left corner of the chat window to start a conversation with our Customer Care team.

We'll look forward to speaking with you!

Hi Jack,

Thanks for this, I have been on a rollercoaster ride with Dyson AU about replacement parts. My question was nothing to do with Dyson's ability (or unreliability in my cases) to replace the part, it was simply a question to know who else may be experiencing the same issue as myself. 

You'd think for 2 x machines valued at over $3,600.00 a simple yet crucial part like a wheel wouldn't just snap off.

I have experienced same issue with gen5detect purchased in Jan 2024

Both wheels on Motörhead has come off within 2 weeks. This is the 2nd set, as first one we got had the same problem but somehow retailer provided the replacement.

Now we awaiting for the new Motörhead.

Lot of people seems to have this problem and Dyson is doing nothing other than directing customers to contact helpline which is of no help.

I want to return the unit as I sure there is an issue with the design or that tinest of screw which is holding the wheel cover. Dyson is not taking the resoonsibility of thier product and leaving everything to me to deal with retailer.

This is my 3rd Dyson since December 2023. Disappointed with the products and more disappointed with the lack of ownership shown by Dyson service team.

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @Rahul,

I’ve responded to your other post but to reiterate, if your request is to return your machine, this is a conversation you’ll need to have with the third party retailer as your contract of sale is with them. It’s not a situation we can influence.

Under the free 2-year Dyson warranty we can arrange repairs and spare parts - hopefully your replacement Motorhead will be with you soon. 

Oh this has just happened to mine and I’ve had it just on 2 months. New there was a problem when dyson said straight away we will send another head.

Retailer finally agree to buyback the product after I showed them their own display vacuum missing the wheels. Was embarrassing for them as they kept saying they never had this issue reported.

I am sure Dyson knows about this problem and probably working in the background to fix the issue.

As for me, I am not buying a Dyson product ever again.