Hair screw tool - Velvet Strip Peeling Away | Dyson Community

Hair screw tool - Velvet Strip Peeling Away

• 24 November 2022
  • 3 replies

• Novice Member
  • 2 replies

Hi. Just wanted to share my experience with the new hair screw tool on Dyson V15.

I have a long haired cat and the tool is really great at removing pet hair from my couch.

But even though the rotating part avoids tangles perfectly, there’s a soft fabric strip which tends to just collect hair. In addition to this the fabric strip started to peel off after a month of use.

Does anyone else experience these problems?

The strip peels off
Hair gets captured by the strip

(Edited by moderator – Tags added)

Stuart 1 year ago

Hi @gim

This doesn’t look right. 

Luckily our Cordless vacuums come with a two year guarantee as standard. We can get this replaced for you under those terms. 

Depending on your geographical location, there are two options available to you for ordering a replacement part. 

1. Placing an order direct with our team - Please get in touch via our local WhatsApp channel. To do this, simply click on our Guides and manuals link, navigate to the ‘Contact us’ section of the page and start a WhatsApp conversation.
  2. Navigate through the online Troubleshooting option, selecting your machine from the on-screen list. Once launched select ‘Replacement part’. At this stage, you’ll either receive a prompt to contact Dyson directly, or to complete a guarantee order form. 

Feel free to @me should you need further help. 

Thanks, 

Stuart

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

The struggle is real! I am forever picking cat hair off this sticky velcro strip! I really don’t know what it’s for. I guess this is the intended purpose. Hair collection and annoying pet owners 😀

Mines never broke. Always just stayed there. Collecting hair.

Happened to me just now, the first time I'm using this tool. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @gim

This doesn’t look right. 

Luckily our Cordless vacuums come with a two year guarantee as standard. We can get this replaced for you under those terms. 

Depending on your geographical location, there are two options available to you for ordering a replacement part. 

1. Placing an order direct with our team - Please get in touch via our local WhatsApp channel. To do this, simply click on our Guides and manuals link, navigate to the ‘Contact us’ section of the page and start a WhatsApp conversation.
  2. Navigate through the online Troubleshooting option, selecting your machine from the on-screen list. Once launched select ‘Replacement part’. At this stage, you’ll either receive a prompt to contact Dyson directly, or to complete a guarantee order form. 

Feel free to @me should you need further help. 

Thanks, 

Stuart