Help ordering a replacement charger for gen 5 detect | Dyson Community
Solved

Help ordering a replacement charger for gen 5 detect

• 26 February 2023
  • 7 replies

Is anyone else having trouble with the customer service? My mother brought a gen5 detect the cord was chewed and she is technology illiterate can not use a mobile phone to send me a photo of the serial number but from what customer service has told me without the serial number there not helping me replace the charger. I work in the mines so I can not just go there to get it 

(Moderation edit - Tags Added/Title Updated)

icon

Best answer by Stuart 27 February 2023, 16:10

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Alright. 

Yeah, this is standard practice for Dyson. If she didn’t buy the Dyson direct, it wouldn’t be registered / the warranty won’t be active. They’ll have to activate it before they can ship any parts for free. She could just purchase a new part, but that kind of defeats the purpose of having a warranty. 

According to their website the serial number should be on the battery pack for their entire stick vac range: Serial Number Help | Dyson

Thanks for that I do know where the serial number is located but I'm not in the same state and my mother can not use a phone to send me a picture and her eyes are not also the best hence why I have been trying to talk to someone and just get ignored 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @Dylanb

Thanks for posting this question. 

This is a predicament - to active the product guarantee, which includes the repair or replacement of faulty components, Dyson will require the unique serial number from the machine. In addition to the activation of the guarantee, the serial number acts as a product identifier, helping to ensure replacement parts are compatible with the model. In most cases, the serial number is located on the base of the machine, such as in the example provided by @Eagles and on the outer packaging. Without the serial number, there isn’t a way to activate this service. 

With this in mind, is there another relative, any friends or neighbours that can support your mother in reading the serial number? If not, returning to the location she purchased the product from may be the only alternative. 

Stuart.

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

What is it you’re expecting that they do, send out a free part without registration? I doubt they’ll go for that..

Have you suggested that she returns it to the store or has a friend read it out for her?

When did I ever state that I want a charger for free ? I'm talking about replacing a charger that I am willing to pay. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

My mistake. Is the Gen5 sold in the US? Isn’t the latest model the V15!? Could be why you’re having trouble. 

When did I ever state that I want a charger for free ? I'm talking about replacing a charger that I am willing to pay. 

Evening.

An overzealous reply @Eagles. Let’s try to help the other members and refrain from being an accuser. 

@Dylanb By chance, have you read: How to: Order spare parts and accessories | Dyson Community? It should direct you to purchase online or via another reputable retailer.