Introducing the Dyson CleanTrace™

• 9 April 2024
  • 6 replies
Introducing the Dyson CleanTrace™
Userlevel 6
Badge +7
  • Dyson Community Manager
  • 665 replies

The new Dyson CleanTrace™ consists of two parts: software enabled through the MyDyson™ app lets you visualise your cleaning path in real-time with AR (augmented reality) technology. And hardware in the form of a phone clamp, which attaches to the wand of your Dyson Gen5detect™ vacuum - so your phone’s camera can see the clean path from an optimised position.

Dyson CleanTrace™

Visualising your cleaning paths in real-time with AR gives proof of a thorough clean, so you can spot missed areas more easily. It’s a really satisfying experience, which takes inspiration from the methodical way the Dyson 360 Vis Nav™ robot navigates. And when you’re done, you can remove your phone from the clamp and scan your whole room to check it over - proof of a job well done!

Our research showed significant variability in thoroughness from one person to another when vacuuming. On one hand, areas are often missed; on the other, they’re cleaned over and over, lacking efficiency. Dyson engineers wanted to add this extra layer of cleaning intelligence to the Dyson Gen5detect™ vacuum, to show you where you have and haven’t cleaned. Combined with our on-board particle sensing technology, this gives proof that the floor is truly clean.

Dyson CleanTrace™

Which Dyson vacuum models are compatible with the Dyson CleanTrace™?

The Dyson Gen5Detect™ cordless vacuum cleaner is compatible with the Dyson CleanTrace™. The Fluffy Optic™ cleanerhead and the Motorbar™ cleanerhead are both supported.

Which mobile devices are compatible with the Dyson CleanTrace™?

The Dyson CleanTrace™ is currently currently supported on LiDAR-enabled iPhones only:

• iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max
  • iPhone 13 Pro and iPhone 13 Pro Max
  • iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max
  • iPhone 15 Pro and iPhone 15 Pro Max

Where can I access the Dyson CleanTrace™ software?

If you’ve registered a Dyson Gen5Detect™ vacuum cleaner on the MyDyson™  app, the Dyson CleanTrace™ will be visible as a module on your machine's home screen. 

When and where can I purchase the Dyson CleanTrace™ phone clamp?

From June 2024, you’ll be able to purchase the Dyson CleanTrace™ phone clamp directly from Dyson – either from Dyson.com or in-store.

6 replies

Why only the gen5? this can be added to all other models too.

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @frickhelm,

The Dyson CleanTrace™ works by recognising the shape of the vacuum's cleaner head, and the motor tone when the machine is turned on. As our most advanced vacuum, we’ve chosen to support the Dyson Gen5detect™ vacuum first.

If there are any future updates to compatibility, I’ll share them here in the Dyson Community!

@Jack aren't the cleaner heads of the V15 and Gen5 practically identical? 

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @Thejakelet,

They’re visually and technically very similar yes. If there are any future updates to compatibility, I’ll make sure the Dyson Community is among the first to know.

Will I be able to use with an iPad Pro you know Jack?? It’s brand new, it’s got Li-dar built in, I used it to see what me furniture would look like and if it would fit.. 

ok