Machine arrive dirty - What are my options? | Dyson Community
Skip to main content

Hello,

I have ordered Dyson V8 and got sent a clearly used device. I could see dust inside and outside. I guess somebody must have returned it and they sent me that. I did pay for a new, unused, unreturned item and that’s what I expected.

I have sent a message on Whatsapp (still awaiting response), Facebook (the same), called twice (after 35 minutes of waiting, when they keep playing the message that “your phone will be answered within next 10 minutes), I got disconnected.

There is no way to get hold of them, no way to return this thing - what am I supposed to do…?

I so much regret not buying Shark…

Thank you.

Regards,

Jola.

Hi @Jola

Sorry to hear about your experience. 

I can assure you that Dyson does not send a used/returned model out as “new”. Alongside our refurbished products, all items that Dyson sell/dispatched pass through a very stringent quality control. 

With that said, it’s normal for some dust to be present in the machine from the manufacture process. This isn’t general household waste, more as from the packaging. In these instances, we ask that customers empty their machine before their first clean. 

As Dyson offer a return window on all purchases, if you were unhappy with the purchase for any reason you’re welcome to return it within the return window.

If you wanted to discuss this further, please get in touch via a Live Conversation: To do this, simply click on our Dyson Support link, navigate to the ‘Contact us’ section of the page and select 'Start a conversation'  

Thanks,

Adam. 

Hi Adam, 

so you are saying it’s a common practise, that Dyson sends dirty vacuum cleaners, with pieces of hay inside it…? I have tried to return it, but after 35 minutes of waiting on the line I got disconnected. (Have you read my post properly?) Also, I have read reviews of people who have returned their items and after months still have not received their refund.

This is unacceptable and your customer service couldn’t be poorer.

JH.