Max power on my V6 only lasts a few seconds. Help | Dyson Community
Solved

Max power on my V6 only lasts a few seconds. Help

• 8 March 2023
  • 1 reply

Several years old V6 that has worked fine until the last few days - it seems to be fully charged but when it's running and i activate the Max power feature it lasts a few seconds then cuts out. back on the charger for a couple of munutes and it seems fully charged again. Filters are clean, machine is empty - anyone got any suggestions please?

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 9 March 2023, 12:33

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

1 reply

Hey @Dudleian.

Power issues can be hard to pin down. Although they are usually the result of the battery or connections degrading over time, it could be much simpler, and be caused by overheating.

You could start by removing the battery and wiping the connections over. It’s possible there’s a power consumption issue, with there just not being enough residual charge to run the machine. A new battery should fix this.

My other thought is that it’s overheating. If too much power is pushed through the motor, which MAX power does, it could stop after a few seconds if it become hot. Rule this out by giving the machine an overhaul. Wiping down the individual parts, cleaning the filter etc.

These are a great place to start: 

1. How to maximise your cordless vacuums battery life
  2. Cleaning the filter(s) on your cordless vacuum cleaner
  3. YouTube video: 

Jay