Meaning of Particle Count | Dyson Community
Solved

Meaning of Particle Count

• 27 November 2023
  • 2 replies

• Novice Member
  • 2 replies

Hello:

This V12 is the first cordless Dyson I’ve owned, and so far I’m loving it (except for the tiny dust bin, of course).  But as I’m climbing the learning curve, I can’t quite grasp the meaning of the particle count.

If I place the motorhead on a particular spot on the carpet and leave it there, the number of particles at that spot will presumably all be picked up eventually and the particle count would drop to zero.

Is that the correct? 

Or.., is the display cumulative since the counter was last set to zero?  If this is the case, in the experiment above, would the the numbers eventually stop going up?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Wiz 29 November 2023, 17:42

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

2 replies

Hello @Wiz take a look at this Article 

Thanks, Teanna. 

I read this article and others before I submitted my question (I know most people don’t).

I struggle with the meaning of:

• “Green bars indicate a low level of particle detection. This shows that less debris is being picked up, letting you know your area is clean and that you may move to another.” 

If the area is clean, it seems there would be NO particle detection.  Maybe the text means “...letting you know you’ve reached diminishing returns,” or “...the area is much much cleaner and it’s time to move on.”

Wait a second…!  I found where I went wrong.  I should have broadened my search and watched the youtube version of the same topic. 

There’s a bit more detail.  It solves my confusion.

Thanks again!