New Dyson V15 charging status stuck at 70% | Dyson Community
Solved

New Dyson V15 charging status stuck at 70%

• 5 December 2022
  • 7 replies

• Rookie Member
  • 2 replies

Hello everyone,

I have an issue with first charging of V15, is stuck at 70% (keep it for more then 48 hours). I checked charger with multimeter  is ok but battery is not taking charge. I can`t even drain battery, LCD says “Full charge before first use” .

Please help!

icon

Best answer by Dyson Community Moderator 6 December 2022, 21:55

View original

7 replies

Hello 

As Dyson are asking you to make direct contact, instead of utilising one of their various self-service channels, it must be a fault. I suspect this resides in the Main Body. This part contains various electrical components, including the Power Control Board, which manages the distribution of charge and power, including the command for the machine to switch on. 

The conversation will most likely go two ways. The offer to replace part of the machine or a full exchange. If I were you I would opt for the latter. This provides you with a brand new vacuum, a new serial and a new purchase date to activate the warranty on. 

Pete. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Thanks for confirming that, @RoKo 

In this instance, we would suggest that you get in touch via our local WhatsApp channel, where one of our team will be happy to discuss the next steps. To do this, simply click on our Guides and manuals link, navigate to the ‘Contact us’ section of the page and start a WhatsApp conversation.

If you'd prefer, you're welcome to call the Dyson Helpline to speak with our experts directly. You can find their number in the ‘Contact us’ section of the page.

Best wishes,

Hey @RoKo 

Have you looked at their online help? 

They quote that the battery need calibration. “To achieve the maximum run time, the machine must first be calibrated. The machine should be fully charged approximately five times. Between charges, use the machine until it has no battery remaining.”

Check out their runtime help article here - Run time script

Vacuum cleaner is new, its first use . I can not start it because on LCD is displayed message “Full charge before first use”, it just stuck in this mode.

@JayJay it also suggests that it depends on the power mode you set before you charge it. Strange, as I don’t have this with my v10. Maybe this is what you’re seeing? 

“”

When the machine is placed on charge it enters an idle state, this reduces all power consumption ready for the next use. Due to this reduction in the power, when the machine is removed from charge and powered on for the first time it can display an incorrect run time. This is nothing to be concerned about. The machine will assess the charge capacity and current usage within 30 seconds, displaying the correct time on the digital display.

Hey @RoKo 

Have you looked at their online help? 

They quote that the battery need calibration. “To achieve the maximum run time, the machine must first be calibrated. The machine should be fully charged approximately five times. Between charges, use the machine until it has no battery remaining.”

Check out their runtime help article here - Run time script

Hello @RoKo 

Are you charging your V15 on the dock? It’s possible that the charger isn’t clicked firmly into place, which can cause the issue you’re reporting here. 

Sometimes, this can be easily resolved by checking where the machine is being charged. If the machine is being charged in the wall bracket, the charging pin may be out of alignment with the machine, which would cause a poor contact and would result in lower charge levels. To loosen the charging pin for removal, push the silver charging contact toward the back of the charging bracket.  Now, plug it directly into your machine and see if the blue solid light is sustained. If it isn’t, try another electrical socket in the home.

If the machine is being charged without the use of the wall bracket, try another electrical socket in the home. If the light still isn’t sustained, it could indicate an issue with the charge. To ensure this is the case, please follow the online Troubleshooting option on the local Dyson website. Simple use our Guides and manuals link, selecting your machine from the options available and navigate through to the ‘Troubleshooting’ page. 

If the light is sustained, wait the adequate time to charge your model and retest the machine.

kellym thank you for answer, but I have tried all you said above even more : I checked charger with multimeter and it has normal voltage. From your experience do you faced this kind of problem: new battery -  first charge - stocked at same percentage (it can decrease to 60 % but never pass 70% ) ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hello @RoKo 

Are you charging your V15 on the dock? It’s possible that the charger isn’t clicked firmly into place, which can cause the issue you’re reporting here. 

Sometimes, this can be easily resolved by checking where the machine is being charged. If the machine is being charged in the wall bracket, the charging pin may be out of alignment with the machine, which would cause a poor contact and would result in lower charge levels. To loosen the charging pin for removal, push the silver charging contact toward the back of the charging bracket.  Now, plug it directly into your machine and see if the blue solid light is sustained. If it isn’t, try another electrical socket in the home.

If the machine is being charged without the use of the wall bracket, try another electrical socket in the home. If the light still isn’t sustained, it could indicate an issue with the charge. To ensure this is the case, please follow the online Troubleshooting option on the local Dyson website. Simple use our Guides and manuals link, selecting your machine from the options available and navigate through to the ‘Troubleshooting’ page. 

If the light is sustained, wait the adequate time to charge your model and retest the machine.