Newly bought Cordless V8 not charging - What can I do? | Dyson Community
Solved

Newly bought Cordless V8 not charging - What can I do?

• 24 February 2023
  • 4 replies

bought V8 Thursday. Delivered Friday. Been on charge for 8 hours. Plugged directly into socket

Still not charged. No blue lights visible. Can briefly see red light when charger first plugged in. Otherwise nothing to see

Scanned all guides/manuals but nothing addresses this problem

Am I missing something obvious?

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 27 February 2023, 16:42

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Alright. 

If it isn’t working right out the box. It could be a faulty charger or unit! Surprisingly this happens with Dyson even at their price point. I thought this post might help ID any other cause, other than it being a dud: My Cordless vacuum cleaner’s battery isn’t charging, what can I do? | Dyson Community

Hello @daffodilly55 

We’re keen to help diagnose and resolve the issue for you - it looks like help is still needed.

Please get in touch via our local WhatsApp channel, where one of our team will be happy to discuss the next steps. To do this, simply click on our Guides and manuals link, navigate to the ‘Contact us’ section of the page and start a WhatsApp conversation.

If you'd prefer, you're welcome to call the Dyson Helpline to speak with our experts directly. You can find their number in the ‘Contact us’ section of the page.

thank you - I have returned the item to my local store where purchased and got a refund. Waiting to collect the replacement. Hope this one works. Disappointed that buying cleaner has turned out to be so unsatisfactory

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

This really can happen wherever you buy, no matter the cost, it isn’t just Dyson. I actually had a similar experience with Samsung.

I Pre-ordered the S22, collected from the store, rushed home to start using it! It worked great until the battery ran out. Nothing I tried could get it to hold a charge. Waited hours, tried multiple chargers, even took it back to the store. They tried everything I did, but in the end they had to exchange it. It didn’t put me off though, as I knew I wanted it. . 

I’m sure you’ll be the same with your new Dyson 😀