Question about Fluffy Optic head | Dyson Community
Solved

Question about Fluffy Optic head

• 12 April 2024
  • 2 replies

G’day

I’m looking into buying the Dyson Gen5detect, but I’ve seen in some reviews that the Fluffy Optic head cannot be turned off like it can be with the V15.

I would prefer the option to switch this off, so I’m wondering if it’s possible to purchase the Gen5detect with the head that can be turned off.

Thanks in advance for any info!

icon

Best answer by Jack 12 April 2024, 10:40

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @Thommo14,

Welcome to the Dyson Community!

Our user research showed that owners love the illumination feature on their soft roller cleaner head, and always want it on when cleaning. The switch just added a layer of complexity that wasn't needed – so we removed it. 

Instead of the original laser light, the Fluffy Optic™ cleaner head uses newer Dyson technology to deliver a much brighter and stronger illumination. You should be able to see twice the particles illuminated, with longer range.

There isn’t a version of the Dyson Gen5detect™ vacuum which includes the older Laser Fluffy™ soft roller head with the power switch - all machines will include the newer upgraded Fluffy Optic™ cleaner head.

Sorry if this wasn’t the news you were hoping for, but hope it answers your question!

Hi Jack

Many thanks for the reply and information.

Having pets lying on the floor, the option not to have the light switch off is a deal breaker for me.

Cheers