Shelf life of V8 Absolute - Battery capacity | Dyson Community
Solved

Shelf life of V8 Absolute - Battery capacity

• 20 August 2023
  • 11 replies

I bought our V8 Absolute in October 2017.  It has poor run time and I can just replace the battery.  However I don’t want to replace the battery and find that I need to replace the machine as they donlt last that long.  It gets average use and is not mistreated or mishandled!

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 22 August 2023, 09:09

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

A lot of batterys degrade over time. I would recommend taking it to dyson and seeing how much a New Battery will cost and if it would be worth it over buying a new Machine.

Hi @Charles Kemp 

Thank you for raising this with us.

Over time the machine will naturally lose its run time but the level of degradation over the years is very small - You can read more on battery degradation on one of our members post here (Understanding Battery Degradation | Dyson Community).

Battery degradation is not a fault of the machine. It happens to all batteries in everyday items, such as mobile phones and laptops.

I do suggest that you contact the Dyson customer service team to follow a few troubleshooting steps and they will provide you with the best possible solution.

Just a reminder that all parts purchased on the Dyson website or through the customer service team comes with a 12 month warranty and a 14 day return policy.

If you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to reply below.

Regards,

They’ll guarantee to battery for 12 months yes, but no other part. If another part fails, you’ll have to pay for that outright. A battery goes for $50 - $100 (depending where you buy). If I were you, I’d put that towards a new machine. 

If you’re stuck on a recommendation, give this a read: Help me Choose - Dyson Cordless Vacuum

😎

More battery advise:

Vacuum battery care (dyson.com) 

How to: Maximise your cordless vacuum's battery life | Dyson Community

I have a V8  and battery died over  only 3 years!   Bought a new one from Dyson and this failed again just lasting 3 years, image if this was my iPhone, 3 year life and all other gadgets.  £70 every three years no thank you.  Love the machine when working but 3 years? 

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

I have a V8  and battery died over  only 3 years!   Bought a new one from Dyson and this failed again just lasting 3 years, image if this was my iPhone, 3 year life and all other gadgets.  £70 every three years no thank you.  Love the machine when working but 3 years? 

Hi @Tubby,

It’s not possible to guarantee an exact lifespan for any component, including the battery pack, as this will depend on how each individual machine is used, stored and maintained. Over time, all batteries are subject to degradation. Outside of your machine’s original 2-year guarantee, or the 1-year guarantee we offer on replacement parts, further replacement batteries would be chargeable.

We do have some useful advice on our website on prolonging the lifespan of your battery pack - you can find this here

Hope this helps!

We used the machine in a reasonable way ,   I find how to use a battery a little bit patronising.  Why not admit they do not last long 

However thank you Jack for replying.   

I bought the V8 Absolute with HEPA filter.  The battery went dead, it did not charge anymore. I use it only for 10 minutes and it died. What a waste of money. I returned it for my money back. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @mimariposa024,

I’m sorry to hear about your experience, which sounds very unusual. Unfortunately if you’ve now returned your machine for a refund, there isn’t really anything further we can do to help you via the Dyson Community. But if you have further concerns you’d like to discuss, you’re welcome to reach out directly to the Dyson Customer Care team in your region.

Visit Dyson.com and click the round purple button to launch the Dyson Digital Assistant. Then click the agent icon in the bottom left corner of the chat window to start a conversation with our Customer Care team.