Stock Availability - Omni-glide+ in the UK? | Dyson Community
Solved

Stock Availability - Omni-glide+ in the UK?

• 3 February 2023
  • 6 replies

I am trying to buy an Omni-glide+ which has been showing on the Dyson Website as being out of stock for some time now. I have spoken to Dyson Customer Support who are unable to tell me when it will be in stock. When I asked whether there was a particular reason why it was out of stock they would not or could not say. I asked this question in the hope that it might give some idea when it would be available. All they can suggest is I register an interest which would then lead to me being notified by email which rather mies the point.

Does anybody know when it was last available and have any idea why it is out of stock (beyond the obvious)?

(Moderation Edit - Tags Updated/Title Updated)

icon

Best answer by Stuart 6 February 2023, 13:50

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @Matsue

A great question! 

The Dyson service team is right. Unfortunately, we're not able to guarantee an exact date when stock will be replenished.

Where any stock is showing as unavailable, we’d encourage the completion of the ‘Notify Me’ option. Once stock becomes available, an email notifications will trigger advising of it’s availability. If you haven’t already done this, I would urge you to do so. Simply visit the store page and click on the ‘Notify me’ button. 

Happily, I’ve checked the UK website this morning (https://www.dyson.co.uk/vacuum-cleaners/hard-floor/omni-glide) and the machine is showing as available to order.  

Once you’ve placed you’re order and received your machine, this video should help you get setup and familiar with your new Dyson

Thanks,

Stuart

Not really of any assistance. First, I have registered for email updates but what I am trying to assess is how long the delay is likely to be. If it’s a month or so that’s fine but if it is likely to be several months I need to move forward. Second, I thought that I made it clear that I am interested in the Omni-glide+ NOT the standard model which I am well aware is available.

Someone at Dyson must be able to give a reason for the delay which will help me to form a view as to how to proceed. Getting that information is like pulling teeth.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Not really of any assistance. First, I have registered for email updates but what I am trying to assess is how long the delay is likely to be. If it’s a month or so that’s fine but if it is likely to be several months I need to move forward. Second, I thought that I made it clear that I am interested in the Omni-glide+ NOT the standard model which I am well aware is available.

Someone at Dyson must be able to give a reason for the delay which will help me to form a view as to how to proceed. Getting that information is like pulling teeth.

Hi @Matsue

Thanks for the follow up question. 

Like many technology industry retailers, a shortage of resources and materials, manufacturing control orders and inflation have impacted our business and production on a global scale. While Dyson are proactively looking into alternative solutions, this means that some parts and machine may be available in limited quantities or out of stock for a prolonged period. Due to these fluctuations and other variables, we unfortunately wouldn’t be able to provide an exact date on when stock will be replenished or an assurance of a date when it would be available again.

With that in mind, there are only subtle variations between the Omni-glide+ and the Omni-glide. The colour and the tools provided in the box. The core vacuum design, usability and benefits remain the same.

If you wanted to proceed with the purchase of the link I provided, then the additional tools can be purchased from the web shop here - Dyson Omni-glide™ vacuum parts | Dyson UK 

I’ve included what’s in the box for these two models below: 

Omni-glide+ - What’s in the box
Omni-glide - What’s in the box

I hope this helps. 

Stuart

Stuart

I don’t know whether you looked before sending the link but all the tools are showing as “Out of Stock” -  so not much help there then!

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Have you contacted Dyson by WhatsApp or phone to enquire about stock level for the tools? 

Hi @Matsue 

It appears there is an issue with the website on this page. We can confirm that all the parts showing out of stock for the Dyson Omni-glide™ vacuum parts | Dyson UK are available. 

Please get in touch via our WhatsApp channel if you would like to purchase any of the parts and one of our team will be happy to discuss the next steps. To do this, simply click on our Guides and manuals link, navigate to the ‘Contact us’ section of the page and select ‘Start a WhatsApp conversation’. 

If you'd prefer, you're welcome to call the Dyson Helpline to speak with our experts directly. You can find their number in the ‘Contact us’ section of the page.