Tech Advisor share their thoughts on the Dyson V15s Detect Submarine™ vacuum | Dyson Community
Sticky News

Tech Advisor share their thoughts on the Dyson V15s Detect Submarine™ vacuum

• 6 March 2024
  • 6 replies
Tech Advisor share their thoughts on the Dyson V15s Detect Submarine™ vacuum
Userlevel 6
Badge +7
  • Dyson Community Manager
  • 665 replies

As the Dyson V15s Detect Submarine™ vacuum launches in the UK, Tech Advisor put the machine - and the new wet roller cleaner head - through its paces:

https://www.techadvisor.com/article/2201924/dyson-v15s-detect-submarine-review.html

Have you tried the Dyson V15s Detect Submarine™ vacuum yet? We’d love to hear what you think!

6 replies

I’m very interested in hard floor cleaners and already own a couple.

The major issue I’ve found with such devices is that they have difficulty in cleaning floors that are uneven - it’s almost like testing in the lab has totally overlooked real world scenarios where things are not perfect … it’d be interesting to see what the performance of the submarine is like on uneven floors - although as I don’t own a Dyson vacuum it’d be pretty expensive to buy one and find out it’s not great!

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @LightO,

Thanks for your question - how uneven are we talking? The Dyson Submarine™ wet roller head has been developed and tested for use across a wide variety of hard floor types including wood, tile, ceramic, marble, stone, linoleum etc. On uneven floors, performance may vary - as this will be specific to that particular flooring.

For anyone who wants to put Dyson technology through its paces in their own homes, we do offer a money back guarantee with free returns when you order direct! 

Hope this helps.

Hi @Jack Thanks for the info & replying.

Can I ask whether beta testing of such devices can be added to part of the Dyson Live:Lab focus please?

ive just bought a 15v is it a case i just buy the attachments to use this as a wet cleaner?

@NigelSearles I will leave the last word to Dyson, but the article states you have to have the 15s as the electronic parts are not the same:

There’s one thing to bear in mind at the start. You won’t be able to buy a Submarine head for your existing V15 Detect cordless vacuum: although the V15s Detect shares all the same features, the electronic parts are not compatible.

nice