Using the V12 Detect Slim on deep pile carpets | Dyson Community
Solved

Using the V12 Detect Slim on deep pile carpets

• 4 September 2023
  • 4 replies

We recently purchased a V12 Detect Slim which we are happy with. However we have one room that has a particularly deep pile carpet that the supplied Motorbar cleaner head doesn’t seem to be able to cope with. The brushes spin momentarily and then stop until the unit is switched off and on again.

We have tried adjustng the suction power to the lowest setting, but the brushes in the cleaner head always stop spinning.

Is this expected? If so, is there an alternative cleaner head we could purchase compatible with the V12 Detect Slim that is better suited with deep pile carpets (e.g. the Digital Motorbar cleaner head)?

Thanks

Chris

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 4 September 2023, 17:43

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

4 replies

@chrisf74 Thanks for your message. With higher-pile carpet -  essentially what happens, the cleanerhead can end up creating an air-tight seal with the flooring and seizing up the brush bar/suction.
For these areas, you can try using the hand or non-motorized tools on those rugs/carpets.

Thanks Adam - I did wonder that.

Looking at the non-motorized tools, the only one that has a wide enough head to make it feasible to clean a bedroom carpet is the fabric and mattress tool. Would that be a suitable option?

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

@chrisf74. In my opinion the Fabric and mattress would be suitable, but it wouldn’t get any of the deep grime out. You’ll need to go over it a few times disturb the carpet pile sufficiently. Before deciding, visit their Dyson Cordless vacuums: Understanding the tools and accessories post.

Thanks - I’ll be sure to check that post out!