V10 Animal filter - Blockage/usage issues | Dyson Community
Solved

V10 Animal filter - Blockage/usage issues

• 28 June 2023
  • 5 replies

Recently the symbol showing filter clogged comes on after every use! Enquired at the shop that services it to be told that this machine is not meant to be used on a daily basis, rather on those days when a plug in model is not used and the pickup is light. In other words it sounds like a Ewbank that my mother used but with a motor! Apparently the machine does not like fine dust and therefore clogs easily. I was astounded to learn this information given the price. Has anyone else been advised not to use it daily? I certainly don’t remember such advice when we we bought it…

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 30 June 2023, 11:58

View original

5 replies

That advice is dog meat! Dyson’s filtration and cyclone is developed specifically for fine dust. They even make this a claim. Ever day use is exact what their made for!

Whole-system filtration

The fully-sealed filtration system traps 99.97% of particles as small as 0.3 microns – expelling cleaner air.²

source - Dyson V10 Absolute Cordless Vacuum Cleaner (johnlewis.com)

0.3 microns is huge, dust is around 2.5 - 5 microns!

Give the machine an overhaul, buy a new filter and it should act like new - (296) Support and troubleshooting for your Dyson V10™ cordless vacuum cleaner - YouTube. Everything you need is in this playlist! 

Thank you George. The machine was fullyserviced only a few weeks ago and was passed 100% fit with no filter problem. I’ll certainly take it up with them. As you say it’s ridiculous that a machine with its price tag is allegedly incapable of dealing with the whole range of dust generated in a two person,

dogless household!

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Agree. It sounds like they’ve give you bad information. I had the previous model, the V8 animal for years. It works great with household dust etc! The V10 is surly an improvement on that.

If they serviced it recently, and the filter light is showing up, I’d request a replacement filter for free. They clearly missed something or did a very poor job with the service. 

Hello @Yelnats47 

Thanks for reaching out. It's always nice to see our members engaging. I thought I'd just step in and add to the information given. 

In most cases when there is an alert filter light on your Dyson, it means that it could be an indication of either a dirty/blocked filter or an obstruction in the machine affecting the airflow.  

I have included a step-by-step guideline for machine maintenance here 

For ease, you can also make use of this article for steps on how to check for blockages on your Dyson here 

If the steps above do not resolve the matter, please get in touch via our WhatsApp channel and one of our teams will be happy to discuss the next steps. To do this, simply click on our Guides and manuals link, navigate to the ‘Contact us’ section of the page and select ‘Start a WhatsApp conversation’.  

Happily, these links will help you. 

Regards, 

Recently the symbol showing filter clogged comes on after every use! Enquired at the shop that services it to be told that this machine is not meant to be used on a daily basis, rather on those days when a plug in model is not used and the pickup is light. In other words it sounds like a Ewbank that my mother used but with a motor! Apparently the machine does not like fine dust and therefore clogs easily. I was astounded to learn this information given the price. Has anyone else been advised not to use it daily? I certainly don’t remember such advice when we we bought it…

V10 is less than a year old. We use it once a week. Starting pulsing recently. Went through all the trouble shooting steps...still pulsing. Spoke to Dyson support….they will send a new filter. Hopefully at no charge as the unit is under warranty.

The only lights that come on are the ones indicating battery life. The ‘clogged’ light never comes on. 

We only use this for light cleaning. Very disappointed right now as the machine was quite expensive. I hope I didn’t buy a lemon.