V10 Speed Selector Switch - Software vs hardware? | Dyson Community
Solved

V10 Speed Selector Switch - Software vs hardware?

• 24 October 2023
  • 2 replies

I changed the trigger on the V10 and assembled the vacuum correctly but now the speed selector(1,2 & max) seems to be inverted such that max only gives low speed (1) and low speed gives max. I took it apart again to double check and can't find anything noticeable as the pcb board can only go 1 way and the connector can only go one way. I'm stumped. 

Just wanted to check if anyone had a similar issue and has a fix. 

The vacuum works fine. 

icon

Best answer by Stuart 24 October 2023, 11:20

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @zack100zn

This doesn’t sound right! 

I’d lean towards an issue with the hardware inside the Main Body (Trigger Component) - I suggest having this replaced. 

If you’re still within the guarantee, this replacement should be included. If you’re outside of the cover period, I suggest speaking to the customer service operator for their recommendations. 

To speak to your local team, simply click on our Dyson Support  link, navigate to the ‘Support' section of the page and scroll down to the ‘Contact us’ section, selecting ‘Start a conversation’.  

If you'd prefer, you're welcome to call the Dyson Helpline to speak with our experts directly. You can find their number in the ‘Contact us’ section of the page.

Stuart. 

Thank you for your reply and guidance.