V11 Absolute - Constantly blocking - Can anyone help? | Dyson Community
Solved

V11 Absolute - Constantly blocking - Can anyone help?

• 19 February 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi, hope someone can help. I've had plenty of dyson vacuum cleaners without issue. Then I got the V11 absolute. Anyone help me understand why it blocks with what seems like the smallest amount of dust. The boost function is useless, lasts about 5 seconds before saying its blocked, has been like this from about a month old. Had it serviced, have replacement filters that we clean constantly. Can only use it on medium power and that's not very powerful. Just doesn't seem up to the most basic tasks. Had two new head units since new, still terrible. Have other dyson products which are fantastic and previous vacuums have always been great.

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 20 February 2023, 20:45

View original

3 replies

Hey @Davnic 

We are sorry to hear that your Dyson V11 seems to blocks frequently, we'd be happy to look into this for you.

Please be advised that regular maintenance is required to avoid issues mentioned above.  

Kindly wash your filter at least once a month under a cold running tap and ensure it is completely dry when refitting, and regularly check for blockages within the openings of the machine. 

@Courtney - This has to be the most unhelpful answer I’ve seen. They’ve already said they’ve cleaned the filter and had one replaced! I’ve had cordless Dyson for many many years, all the way back to the DC31. Yes a dirty filter could be a cause, it isn’t the only cause.

@Davnic. Here are a few HELPFUL thoughts: 

1. Our V11 works almost perfectly, every time. We service and wash the filter regularly and haven’t had the need to have it replaced. Dyson recommend leaving it to dry for 24 hours. Popping it on a towel on a warm radiator helps to reduce this. 
  2. As part of the monthly maintenance, I remove any of the hair wrapped from around the spinning bar. This helps with the pick up and breaking up any of the larger bits of dirt, like clumped hair or larger dust piles. Useful when cleaning out the caravan 😅!
  3. I clean the inside of the clear plastic bin with a damp cloth, leaving it to dry. This helps to rid it of any finer dust which can get stuck around the mesh looking part. 
  4. Boost mode works great everywhere, apart from the carpet in the hallway. It’s a much thicker pile and simply will not budge. We had assumed this was the Dysons fault, but checking with the Carpet shop, they don’t recommend using a powered brush head. We’re switched to using the smaller head and it works fine. Assuming you have carpet, does it stop everywhere you use it in boost? Have you spoken to the carpet manufacture? 

HERE are some useful links that might help you:

1. My cordless vacuum cleaner is making a pulsing noise, what does this mean? | Dyson Community
  2. Cleaning the filter(s) on your cordless vacuum cleaner | Dyson Community
  3. How to wash the filters on your Dyson V11
  4. How to check for blockages on your Dyson V11
  5. Maintenance tips

I wonder what they think replacing the head will do. Have they given you a reason? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @CharlieBoy1,

Thanks for the follow up message and the in-depth support you’ve provided to @Davnic - You’re absolutely right, on this occasion it looks like we missed the mark. 

Thankfully, you’ve been able to step in and provide such rich insight and advice. As a way to recognise your involvement here and the continue support you provide across the community, I’ve awarded you the ‘Community Supported’ badge. This badge shows against your profile card and helps you stand out amongst the rest of our members. I hope you wear this proudly 😁!  

@Davnic It looks to me that @CharlieBoy1 has covered most of the self-led support on offer through Dyson, as well as providing some if their own insights. The only other information that I think would be beneficial here is that of a response provided by another member on a similar query regarding floor types and the use of max/highest power setting. Cordless V15 Detect - Stalling issues

Thanks, 

Stuart