V11 Trigger | Dyson Community
Solved

V11 Trigger

• 17 January 2024
  • 2 replies

We've had a number of Dyson vacuums with the latter being a V11. Whilst it's been a very good vacuum the trigger stopped working which, upon reading various forums on the Internet, we found out, allegedly, it is a design fault by Dyson as there are many people complaining of the same problem.

Dyson say it can't be fixed but again the Internet proved otherwise with a trigger being bought for less than £5. I followed a YouTube video on how to replace it and within 45 minutes the vacuum is working again.

It's a shame Dyson are unwilling to say it was a design fault but hopefully they've improved the longevity of future triggers. 

icon

Best answer by Jack 19 January 2024, 17:15

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @ColinPiearce,

Welcome to the Dyson Community, and thanks for taking the time to share your feedback on your Dyson V11™ vacuum with us! I’m sorry to hear you had an experience with the trigger breaking, but happy you otherwise found it to be very good.

To reassure you, extensive work goes into ensuring all parts of our machines are reliable and robust. We test relentlessly during development, both in our labs and in real home environments, to identify and resolve any issues. You can get a glimpse into this process in the video below:

In the event of a part like the trigger breaking, we have replacement main body assemblies available to order via our Helpline and from Dyson.co.uk.

We continue to refine and improve our technology, and latest Dyson cordless vacuums - including the Dyson Gen5detect™ and the Dyson V12 Detect™ Slim vacuums - now include a single button power control. These don’t need to be held down during use, for comfortable continuous cleaning.

I’m glad you’ve since been able to resolve the issue with your machine, but you’re welcome to reach out here if you need further support in future.

I have had the same problem.