V12 Feedback - Small Bin | Dyson Community
Solved

V12 Feedback - Small Bin

• 18 July 2023
  • 4 replies

Does anyone else have an issue with the size of the bin of the V12 slim. It’s REALLY small! I can’t understand why, with all the fantastic tech this Vacuum has, would they choose to make the bin so small. I’m constantly having to stop vacuuming to empty the bin, The max mark is literally about 2 inches high! Really disappointed, especially at the current price!

icon

Best answer by Jack 19 July 2023, 11:28

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @nan1

Dyson cordless vacuums come in a range of different sizes, to suit the needs of different homes and users. Bin capacity will generally be in proportion to the overall size and weight of the machine itself - from 0.20L on the compact Dyson Omni-glide™ vacuum, right up to 0.77L on the new full-size Dyson Gen5detect™ vacuum.

As a powerful but lightweight machine, the Dyson V12 Detect Slim™ vacuum has a bin capacity of 0.35L. I’m sorry if you’re finding you’re needing to empty it more often than you’d like, but at least it does show it’s doing an effective job of picking up dust and debris from around the home! The hygienic point-and-shoot emptying mechanism is engineered to eject the dirt and wipe debris from the shroud in a single action, to minimise the amount of interaction and maintenance needed as you empty the bin.  

Although there’s nothing we can do to increase the capacity of the bin on your machine, I did want to highlight that we have vacuums with similar features and technology but greater bin capacity available if that’s a key consideration for you. We do appreciate your feedback, and I’ll make sure it’s passed along to the right teams for you.

If your after a model with a larger bin, the outsize is a great stick vac. 😁

Dyson V11 Outsize Overview. In think stateside they do the V15 model too! 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I have the V12 and I knew going in that it had a small bin. So no big deal for me to empty it more often if I have to. There are other models with larger bins if you need them. Course all this was shown on their sites before anyone Purchased the v12 Dyson. 

Userlevel 1

I’m not overly concerned about bin size as that was anticipated. I’m more miffed at the pathetic ‘power’ of the thing. Really not worth the $1k price tag in my book. I’m really disappointed in the V12.