V7 motorhead - Max Power mode inoperable | Dyson Community
Solved

V7 motorhead - Max Power mode inoperable

• 17 March 2023
  • 8 replies

HI all , my first post with a problem , and guess what its the battery , it seems to me far to many Dyson hoover problems are battery related , James Dyson needs to get back in R and D and sort them out . Rant over , my problem is use the V7 on Max no problem but take your finger off the trigger and it won’t restart , so back to charging dock in and out again it runs fine until you take your finger off again it stops again so back to the dock again and repeat , it will run for 6 mins if you keep your finger on the trigger , this says to me this is a software issue , any ideas anyone ?

(Edited by Moderator - Tags Added/Title Updated)

icon

Best answer by Dyson Community Moderator 23 March 2023, 20:35

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hey @Peter G 

Thanks for posting here. It’s rather unusual to hear that your V7 won’t start back up, once you release the trigger. If it’s only happening in MAX mode, and you do need to place the unit back on the charger, it might be an issue with the battery charge itself. I’d be curious to know if it ever occurs in the regular suction mode? Either way, it’s something we’d be glad to help troubleshoot. 

Please get in touch via our local WhatsApp channel, where one of our team will be happy to discuss the next steps. To do this, simply click on our Guides and manuals link, navigate to the ‘Contact us’ section of the page and start a WhatsApp conversation.

If you'd prefer, you're welcome to call the Dyson Helpline to speak with our experts directly. You can find their number in the ‘Contact us’ section of the page.

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

HI all , my first post with a problem , and guess what its the battery , it seems to me far to many Dyson hoover problems are battery related , James Dyson needs to get back in R and D and sort them out . Rant over , my problem is use the V7 on Max no problem but take your finger off the trigger and it won’t restart , so back to charging dock in and out again it runs fine until you take your finger off again it stops again so back to the dock again and repeat , it will run for 6 mins if you keep your finger on the trigger , this says to me this is a software issue , any ideas anyone ?

Not convinced it’s a battery related issue. More likely a hardware fault with the trigger mechanism. If it didn’t do it from new, it’s most likely the cause of daily wear. I’d start by replacing that!   

If it’s under two years, you can make a warranty claim. Outside of the warranty window, you’ll pay for parts 👍.

Not convinced it’s a battery related issue. More likely a hardware fault with the trigger mechanism. If it didn’t do it from new, it’s most likely the cause of daily wear. I’d start by replacing that!   

If it’s under two years, you can make a warranty claim. Outside of the warranty window, you’ll pay for parts 👍.

hi sam thats a possibly but on low it will run normally ie you can start and stop without going back to the dock ?

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

If it isn’t a hardware fault with the trigger mechanism, then maybe it’s related to the internal components. Wiring/chips faulting. I’ve read that when the stick vacs fail it’s usually down to one of three components. The handle, the charger or the battery. I wouldn't think the charger is the issue here and if it were the battery it would be an issue in the other modes right?   

If it isn’t a hardware fault with the trigger mechanism, then maybe it’s related to the internal components. Wiring/chips faulting. I’ve read that when the stick vacs fail it’s usually down to one of three components. The handle, the charger or the battery. I wouldn't think the charger is the issue here and if it were the battery it would be an issue in the other modes right?   

the bit i can’t get my head around is on putting it back in the dock for just a second it then runs its just like you have reset something in the battery , if you have seen the circuits in the battery there is a lot to go wrong , question is is there anything to go wrong in the switch ?

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

I guess it’s possible. My understanding is that MAX pushes more power into the motor. Draining the battery quicker. There could be a power cell issue, but I would of expected that to spill into the other two modes. That’s why I was leaning toward the handle.

Charging probably resets a sensor chip or something, which detects the charge level. 

Maybe give Cordless vacuum battery life question - Battery Management System (BMS) a read. 

I guess it’s possible. My understanding is that MAX pushes more power into the motor. Draining the battery quicker. There could be a power cell issue, but I would of expected that to spill into the other two modes. That’s why I was leaning toward the handle.

Charging probably resets a sensor chip or something, which detects the charge level. 

Maybe give Cordless vacuum battery life question - Battery Management System (BMS) a read. 

Thanks Samwise i will look into it and have a read up on BMS , always good to have someone else to bounce off , just a shame Dyson arn’t  a bit more interested in solving there issues , they would rather sell you a new battery which may or may not solve the problem , from all the which reviews i have read Shark are a very comparable machine , so who knows maybe time for a change 😊

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hey @Peter G 

Just as an FYI, if you do ever purchase a part from Dyson and it does not resolve the issue you’re having, we offer free returns within a set timeframe. Read more on this on the Dyson website under ‘Terms and Conditions of Sale’. If you ever need to initiate a return, please get in touch via our local WhatsApp channel, where one of our team will be happy to discuss the next steps. To do this, simply click on our Guides and manuals link, navigate to the ‘Contact us’ section of the page and start a WhatsApp conversation.

If you'd prefer, you're welcome to call the Dyson Helpline to speak with our experts directly. You can find their number in the ‘Contact us’ section of the page.

Hope this helps!