V8 Animal Overheating | Dyson Community
Solved

V8 Animal Overheating

• 26 May 2024
  • 1 reply

I just bought my mom the Dyson V-8 cordless animal for Mother’s Day. Out of the box, we used it for a few minutes then she plugged it in. She just got it out again today for the first time. She vacuumed with it for a couple minutes. The battery pack was getting hot. It actually shut off and would not turn back on. I have read under some of the forums and it says that the filter could be clogged. She hasn’t used it enough for anything to be clogged. Has anyone experienced this? Is this covered under the manufactured warranty? 

icon

Best answer by IsaiahH 30 May 2024, 15:17

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

1 reply

Was the vacuum being used on boost mode? Dyson recommend only using it for short bursts of cleaning as it can cause unnecessary wear on the battery. It is normal for the batteries to get hot if you are using boost mode for more than a couple of minutes due to the high amount of power boost mode consumes. If you were using it on the regular mode and it was still getting more than “warm” I would contact support.