V8 handheld pulsing with clean filters when on MAX - Ideas? | Dyson Community
Solved

V8 handheld pulsing with clean filters when on MAX - Ideas?

• 1 November 2023
  • 2 replies

Had this V8 for just over a year, well maintained and now all of sudden it’s pulsing on Max. Filters have been washed and cleaned and even the main cyclone cylinder. Works when the filters are removed, but not the front one when inserted. Does anyone know why this might be - wait times of an hour on customer service line are impossible and not what i expect for such an expensive (and new) item so they can’t help. 

Feels like the newer ones don’t last as long as the old ones (which was fine for 4 years). Any thoughts or help gratefully received. 

icon

Best answer by JamJam 2 November 2023, 11:44

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 5

Going by the information on this post. My cordless vacuum cleaner is pulsing, what does it mean?; it would suggest there’s still a partial blockage.

“If the machine switches on and off in quick succession, while making a pulsing noise, it could be an indication to either a dirty/blocked filter or an obstruction in the machine affecting the airflow.”

Encase you’ve missed something, I’d watch the blockage film. 

If you’re still stuck, I’d suggest replacing the filter. It might be that there’s a build-up of debris, which has made the filter overly dense. More common in areas with hard water, or for those that don’t wash the filter all that often. 

Super helpful, thank you. There indeed was a blockage, i’d ordered a fliter but it wasn’t that in the end. Thank you for the help Jam Jam.