Waiting 10 months for a fix to the trigger switch on a Dyson V10 stick vacuum - HELP! | Dyson Community
Solved

Waiting 10 months for a fix to the trigger switch on a Dyson V10 stick vacuum - HELP!

Is this some type of scam Dyson run hoping that you will buy another of their vacuums while you wait 10 months for them to fix a trigger switch on your stick vacuum, I could have bought a switch on eBay and did it myself but I thought NO send it to the experts ….

this is what their page states read HASSLE FREE ….

The Dyson Guarantee

All Dyson machines come with a hassle-free guarantee. This includes the repair or replacement and ongoing support of your machine.

I have emailed Dyson UK and nil replies great customer service DYSON…

(Moderation Edit - Tags Added/Title Updated)

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 10 March 2023, 18:22

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

11 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Hi @wayneklapko

Dyson UK no longer use email as a contact method, they stopped this a few year ago. The best course of action would be to speak to them directly through their telephone service or even on WhatsApp: https://www.dyson.co.uk/support

To my knowledge Dyson do not repair cordless vacuums, they opt to send parts instead. Primarily the battery or Main Body component (Trigger and handle). Are you saying you’ve been waiting 10 months for a part? Is it on back order? 

Charlie.

Hi Charlie 

firstly i replied to their customer service form on their web page i secondly followed up on their facebook page

its a broken red trigger they said they repair and they have had my vacuum motor for 10 months now … 10 months to fix a piece of plastic 

what a joke

thanks Wayne 

Userlevel 1

Dyson have outright refused to service/repair my cordless vacuum before. Opting rather to send parts for the same price as a repair. If they have a part out of stock, they’d surly exchange it by now. Was it 100% Dyson and not another repair site?

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Hi Wayne, 

So they have your vacuum still? 10 months later is shocking. 

In my opinion, completing a form or contacting them via Facebook leaves room for human error on their part and relies on an internet service. Calling them directly would be the only way now to get an actual answer! 

I’d love to hear what their reasoning is. 

Charlie. 

Hello @wayneklapko 

We are so sorry to hear that you are still waiting on your machine.

As you’re already in contact with our customer service experts, I’d encourage you to continue your conversation with them. They’re best placed to help you further, and are empowered to resolve most issues without the need for further escalation. As the Dyson Community team do not have access to customer records and thus unable to review individual cases, these issues aren't something we can directly help you with.

Please get in touch via our WhatsApp channel and one of our team will be happy to discuss the next steps. To do this, simply click on our Guides and manuals link, navigate to the ‘Contact us’ section of the page and select ‘Start a WhatsApp conversation’. 

If you'd prefer, you're welcome to call the Dyson Helpline to speak with our experts directly. You can find their number in the ‘Contact us’ section of the page. 

Hi Jodey

customer service does not replies to any of my enquires WHY !!!!!

So Dyson Thailand email us end of March and say machine is finally fixed after nearly! 10 months…. WOW such quick service…….. they asked for payment thb2,000 which was made on 3rd April and a copy of remittance was attached as they requested, as of today 26th April we have not received the repair returned, we emailed them again today 26th April and again attached copy of payment remittance and finally received a reply they will send. Dyson is a total joke it is the last time I will every buy one of your products and I am not the only one complaining if you search to the internet and see other peoples complaints. thanks Wayne Klapko one disgruntled customer who will never buy Dyson again

(Edited by Moderator - Sensitive data removed)

@wayneklapko. I don’t think any of the Dyson team here are based in that country. 
Call or email the Dyson staff in Thailand. Someone there should be able to help you. 

This is no showing as SOLVED - Did you get a new vacuum cleaner or did they just finally fix the red trigger and send it back?

they fixed the red trigger switch after 10 months and still made me pay .. wasn't much about 60 usdlrs but then I had to wait one month for the fools to send the item back to me.. we will never buy a Dyson product again.. nil service replies from anyone include customer service in UK

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

@wayneklapko 

Hi, it seems that there’s something going on with the distributor right now. They are obligated to provide repairs as soon as possible. Can you share what their customer service department told you?