Will overfilled cause dust leakage? | Dyson Community
Solved

Will overfilled cause dust leakage?

• 19 February 2024
  • 6 replies

Hi, I am a user of v15. I am happy that v15 using many new technologies to assure fully sealed to prevent dust leakage pollution. However, if v15 got overfilled (dust reached the max fill line), will it cause dust leakage even if v15 is claimed as fully sealed machine?

icon

Best answer by Jack 20 February 2024, 13:52

View original

6 replies

I meant that will dust be leaked from air inlet, through the wand, or other filtration parts? tku!

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @Tony Wu,

Welcome to the Dyson Community - we’re glad to hear you’re enjoying your Dyson V15 Detect™ vacuum!

For your machine to continue to work efficiently, it’s important to empty it as soon as dust reaches the Max line shown on the clear bin. If you continue to use your machine after this point, the cyclones can’t work as effectively, and this can lead to your filter unit to need to be washed and air-dried more often than intended.

So to be clear, overfilling the bin shouldn’t cause dust to leak out, but your machine won’t work as effectively and the filter will need washing more often. Because of this, it’s our strong recommendation to empty the bin as soon as dust reaches the Max line. 

Hope this helps!

Hello @Jack , thanks for the sharing, will do empty soon!

But just out of curiosity, how V15 keeps dust in the bin when the MAX mark reached (as the air inlet so close to the MAX mark)? Are there any conditions, e.g. overfilled bin, that could cause dust to get back up to leak from the air inlet into the wand and cleaner head?

Sorry for asking this weird question, as I don’t really understand how V15 air inlet mechanism. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @Tony Wu,

Thanks for clarifying on this point - if you overfill the bin to the extent that dirt reaches the inlet, it is possible that debris could fall back out into the wand, although this would depend on the contents of the bin, and how the machine was held and carried.

Again, it would be our strong recommendation to empty your machine when dirt reaches the Max line, and not to overfill the bin.

Thanks @Jack , thanks for the clarification. Does it mean those dusts may leak from cleaner head after getting back to the wand? I previously put V15 on the docking station when it is not in use.

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @Tony Wu,

This isn’t something we’d expect when the machine is used and maintained normally, and the bin isn’t overfilled.

Hope this helps!