BigBall Multifloor Extension Wand is hard to extend | Dyson Community
Solved

BigBall Multifloor Extension Wand is hard to extend

• 11 December 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi All,

I had been buying Dyson for many years (corded and cordless) and it had been wonderful to use. However, I just got 2 Big Ball Multi floor to replace battered DC39 and though suction is wonderful it takes real effort to extend the wand. I see that on both units. Extension wand on DC39 was sliding completely effortlessly. Have I got defective units?

icon

Best answer by Jack 18 December 2023, 15:51

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

3 replies

Hi @simdim , thanks for your post. We found an helpful article that will help pin point the cause. Please visit the link below:

Hi Summer.Jacson.

That is not it - I am comparing extension wand from my current DC39 - glides in and out smoothly - no effort, In my new BigBall Multifloor extension wand requires real effort to extend and contract.

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @simdim,

Thanks for the additional detail - due to the airtight internal seals, the wand of a brand new vacuum may be a little stiffer to extend or collapse than a machine that has been in use over a number of years. It shouldn’t be excessive, and we would expect it to relax a little after a period of use.

If you continue to have difficulties, you’re welcome to reach out to Dyson Customer Care directly for further support. Visit Dyson.com and click Support for the correct local contact information.