DC 18 internal hose repair or replacement - Where to buy? | Dyson Community

DC 18 internal hose repair or replacement - Where to buy?

• 18 October 2023
  • 2 replies

I have a couple DC 18s. Great Vacuums, except the internal hose is a weak point. Both mine have torn open. Dyson does not make the part available anymore or I would buy one. The part number is 916579-01 and it is out of stock everywhere.  I assume there is a way to repair it, I just haven’t been able to how to figure out how it is attached on the end. I have looked online and don’t see any videos either. Has anyone done this repair? I haven't seen a new vacuum I like as much as this one, so I am doing what I can do to keep it going. Any ideas will be appreciated.

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

2 replies

Alright @BrianL0646. If Dyson don’t have stock, then your next best bet is trying one of their recommended retailers: How to: Order spare parts and accessories | Dyson Community.

Google is also your friend here! I googled the part number you provided and I can purchase a genuine part from this link (UK) - dysonvacuumspares.co.uk/Dyson-DC18-Internal-Hose-Assembly-916579-01.

No clue how you’d repair the existing one.

I checked with them and they do not stock this part along with all the other places I have found online. Looks like it is discontinued, so I figured repair is the only option.