DC11 replacement washable filter | Dyson Community
Solved

DC11 replacement washable filter

• 20 January 2024
  • 7 replies

I have the DC11 cannister vacuum which is no longer being supported by Dyson. While washing the  rectangular sponge-like filter, I ripped it and I can’t find any on-line source for a replacement. Is there some product I can buy and cut to fit to use as a replace

ment?

icon

Best answer by Rehman 2 February 2024, 02:22

View original

7 replies

Sure, you can find a replacement or even a spare washable filter for Dyson DC11. You need to type in either of these three queries in google search bar.

• "Dyson DC11 Filter 905446-02"

• “Filter FIL265”

• “Filter 907647-01”

Crosscheck to make sure the dimensions of sponge filter match well. Search results will show spare parts present on eBay and PartsCentre and many more on reasonable prices.

Thank you for your efforts. Rahman. Unfortunately, none of those google queries take me to someone selling the blue “sponge” part of the machine. The yellow hard plastic part is available, but I have that already. There is one UK eBay site (I am in the US) that appears to be selling both the hard plastic yellow and the blue sponge, but the cost is prohibitive for a 20+ year old machine. That is why I am looking for an alternate product. 

The DC16 seems to have a similar filter, but I can’t find the specs on it for sizing. And again, the cost.

Right now I am looking at window air conditioner foam filters to cut to size and stack multiple ones in that slot of the machine. 

But again, thanks.

Dysons are definitely not a buy it for life product. I have three, and I can’t get filters for them, so really I’ve paid for three but I have zero.

I have no incentive to buy another. it doesn’t matter how great it works. If it is rendered obsolete because you can’t get a simple filter replacement.

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @Abandoned User,

As I’ve confirmed in response to your other post, DC11 was originally launched back in 2003. We continued to support our older machines with spare parts and repair options far beyond their original 2- or 5-year warranties. However we’ve now discontinued support for some historical machines, to focus on our more recent technology.

We’re not able to recommend specific alternative retailers but as you’ve mentioned, there may be third party vendors online who continue to offer spare parts for these models.

I’m sorry if this isn’t the information you were hoping for here.

One thing that would help consumers is for Dyson to warn well in advance when they plan to abandon support for a given machine. We register our machines with Dyson, and you could simply send an email to registered owners.

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @DeniseDenise,

Thanks for your feedback on this! Ahead of the retirement of service for DC11 back in May 2015, we reached out to registered contactable owners to let them know this was imminent, and to ensure they had time to schedule repairs or order any necessary spare parts.

Good to know. Wish I had taken advantage of that notice.