DCO4 Belts - Feedback / Suggestion | Dyson Community

DCO4 Belts - Feedback / Suggestion

• 25 July 2023
  • 4 replies

Hi. I have a DC04 Dyson & the belts I find difficult to fit and last very long, lately. Just wonder if theres another belt that maybe 1-2 inches longer from another Dyson model, that I could use on my DC04, that I can fit easier? 

I know the belt has to be some what taut to function, but I find in fitting a belt for a DC04, very difficult, almost to point, they break. So a slightly longer belt would be advantageous. 

Any advice would be appreciated. 

Yours sincerely, Benoit

Jack 9 months ago

Hi @Ben7974,

No problem at all - glad you found the information useful. I’m also pleased to hear your trusty DC04 has worked so well for you up until now!

Dyson cordless vacuums have proved to be so popular with owners that we’ve actually stopped developing corded upright and cylinder vacuums. But we do still have two corded uprights in our current range, which you can find here. At the time of writing there’s a £99 saving on the Dyson Ball Animal Origin, with interest-free payment options also available.

It doesn’t look like we have any Dyson Refurbished upright vacuums in stock at the moment, but it’s worth keeping an eye on this page for any updates.

Hope this is helpful, but let us know if there’s anything else we can support you with!

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @Ben7974,

DC04 is an early Dyson upright vacuum which has been out of production for many years. Although we continued to support it far outside of its original 2-year guarantee period, we’re no longer able to supply spare parts or arrange repairs. 

You may be able to find any remaining stock of genuine Dyson belts for DC04 from third party retailers, and these will have been manufactured to the right dimensions and with the correct tension to work effectively with the machine, as well as meeting our high quality standards. There aren’t any alternate belts we can recommend - DC01, DC04, DC07 and DC14 models without the brush control feature all share the same belt.

Belts are a consumable part - but if you’re finding that they seem to fail prematurely, it’s worth double checking that the brush bar rotates freely, and is free of debris. If it feels like there’s resistance when rotating the brush bar, the brush bar itself might need replacing.

Sorry I can’t give a definitive answer for you, but hope this insight helps a bit!

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

@Ben7974 Give their How to: Order spare parts and accessories post a read through. There’s a list of recommended retails at the very end. 

Hi Charlie & Jack, thank you both very much for your replies. I think it might be time for a new dyson. My DC04 has served me very well. 

If either of you could recommend a new upright dyson for me, Id appreciate your opinion. I cant afford a brand new or update model at the moment, so would be a refurbished model. 

Many thanks. Ben

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @Ben7974,

No problem at all - glad you found the information useful. I’m also pleased to hear your trusty DC04 has worked so well for you up until now!

Dyson cordless vacuums have proved to be so popular with owners that we’ve actually stopped developing corded upright and cylinder vacuums. But we do still have two corded uprights in our current range, which you can find here. At the time of writing there’s a £99 saving on the Dyson Ball Animal Origin, with interest-free payment options also available.

It doesn’t look like we have any Dyson Refurbished upright vacuums in stock at the moment, but it’s worth keeping an eye on this page for any updates.

Hope this is helpful, but let us know if there’s anything else we can support you with!