Did Dyson do a soft launch of the Big Ball Turbine Head? | Dyson Community
Skip to main content
Solved

Did Dyson do a soft launch of the Big Ball Turbine Head?

• 11 August 2024
  • 3 replies

The cyclone on this machine is entirely yellow except for the shroud and red ring which acts as a squeegee when emptying the bin. Priced at 199.99 it’s technically a rerelease of the first album with some subtle changes. I don’t care what anyone says I love my Dyson Cinetic canister but Lady inhales vigorously has reached the 5-year warranty and I  have to replace my Dyson Canister Cinetic because Dyson has decided not to make the post-motor filter available for purchase for my Cinetic. I don't believe in stick vaccums nor AI controlled vacuums. Any thoughts about this mysterious canister?

Hi @Paupau,

Welcome to the Dyson Community!

The Dyson Big Ball Turbinehead is a powerful, corded cylinder vacuum with floor tools suitable for hard and carpeted floors. With the exception of the cyclone technology, it would be very similar in specification and use to your current machine.

At the time of writing, it’s on offer from Dyson.com for $199.99. 

Was there anything in particular you wanted to know about this vacuum?

It only has one washable filter right and no oscillating rubber tips?

Hi @Paupaum,

Yes, that’s correct! There’s a washable pre-filter, engineered to last the lifetime of the machine in normal domestic use, when maintained according to the User guide.

The post-filter doesn’t need ongoing maintenance.

It doesn’t feature the oscillating Dyson Cinetic™️ rubber tips.