Dyson Animal replacement motor head deal - advertising a replacement motor head in the box. | Dyson Community
Solved

Dyson Animal replacement motor head deal - advertising a replacement motor head in the box.

• 22 July 2023
  • 1 reply

So I’ve just bought the Dyson Animal. I was going to buy the Dyson Animal original for £230. But noticed the next offer up included a replacement Motörhead and a few other accessories for £279. It said these were included in the box. 

So I bought the £279 bundle. I’ve opened it and the only motor head in there is the one needed for the hoover to work. Not an additional / replacement one. I called them to ask if it was coming later and they said no, you’ll get it when your original Motörhead breaks.

well to me that is a miss sell. I was expecting a physical product. It says a replacement is included in the box. By not sending it they have basically taken extra money from met without sending the goods. No where online does it say we will give you a replacement Motörhead if / when your other one breaks. It isn’t even in writing anywhere so there is no guarantee they will honour their word

has anyone else had this problem? I just want them to send what I bought. how did you resolve it?

icon

Best answer by Stuart 24 July 2023, 12:29

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @Powellaj

Thanks for bringing this to our attention - I’ve highlighted this to our online product team and asked that they update the text to make it clearer.

I can confirm that there isn’t an additional cleaner head provided with this model. We would expect the main cleaner head to last the lifetime of the machine in normal use, so an additional cleaner head wouldn't normally be needed. The information on the website is an error and will be updated. I am sorry that the contact centre agent mis-understood your query and hadn’t covered this in their reply - I’ll feed this back to the team.

The UK website - Dyson Ball™ Animal Origin has an active promotional discount of £99.99, while stocks last. The Dyson Ball™ Animal Upright Vacuum Cleaner you've purchased isn't currently under promotion.

If any part of your cleaner fails, including the cleaner head, then rest assured Dyson will replace it in line with The Dyson guarantee terms - which covers our Corded vacuums with a 5-year guarantee.

I hope this clarifies things - the machine you've purchased includes all the parts it should do, and we will ensure the listing is updated to reflect this going forwards. If you're unhappy with your purchase or the price you paid, you can take advantage of our free 35-day return policy. More on this can be found on the Dyson website.

Thanks,

Stuart