Dyson Animal - top yellow flap detaches? Can I fix? | Dyson Community
Solved

Dyson Animal - top yellow flap detaches? Can I fix?

• 5 August 2023
  • 6 replies

On the very top of handle - is a yellow open/ closing flap that has come adrift ( no broken part or fixing )

two little raised points internally  for flap to fit on to but somehow they are not clipping on or slotting in .

please help your fellow user or I will Dy soon

icon

Best answer by Mark vacuum whispar 14 August 2023, 07:36

View original

6 replies

If it doesn’t slot back into position, you’d need to order a new one. I’ve not see this part sold separately on their website. I suspect its integrated on the wand. If your under 5-year cover, you can make a warranty claim. Outside of that, ether pay for a part or live with it being broken. 

Hi Jimmy

Cheers  , could not have been clearer .

Thank  you , the broken part can then live with the broken Dyson hairdryer , there is a theme , constant etc .

There is something comforting ,knowing a D product will not go out of fashion ,built in obsolescence i think they call it .

😂😂😂

Userlevel 5

This is called the ‘Wand End-Cap’. No idea on the part number for your model. Might be worth googling to see if you can get a replacement. Functionally, it stop item from being put down the wand when upright. it doesn’t add or detract from the overall operation. 

Thank you 

Hi that should just push right back into the handle ,it will take a little force just rotate it back where it belongs.

Badge

I had the same problem. Its a simple fix were you can prize the the yellow handle cover off and place the cap  back into its location. Then push the cover back into place. Hope this will help.