Dyson, Ball Animal 3 Upright Vacuum wont switch off from hose | Dyson Community
Skip to main content
Solved

Dyson, Ball Animal 3 Upright Vacuum wont switch off from hose

• 12 June 2024
  • 1 reply

Hi! I just got my Dyson, Ball Animal 3 Upright Vacuum yesterday and was very disappointed because instead of sucking up hair by the roller it just punched it around. Yes the roller is spinning and it will suck up tiny things but hairballs and dirt just get pushed around instead of vacuumed up. The hose is also constantly sucking. Even when it is clicked back into place and when the roller is on. The hose will keep sucking and will catch on my dress, hair, hand, etc. Because it is still on and the part where it gets put away is right on the handle. When I unlatch the vaccum from a standing position to the vacuuming position I can hear a suction sound and then a pop and then that's when the roller starts but the hose is also sucking again. Please help me fix this. I will return this vacuum otherwise and I'm very disappointed because my other Dyson worked so well for 15 years!

This inactive topic has now been automatically closed. For help or advice, please create a new topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi @Vacuuming4life,

Welcome to the Dyson Community!

From your description, the suction sound followed by a pop will most likely be the relief valve opening. This valve on the rear of the cyclone pack is engineered to open automatically to protect the motor if an obstruction is preventing airflow passing through the machine.

As you’ve confirmed there’s suction through the wand and hose, the blockage will most likely be within the base of the machine, and may be preventing the automatic changeover valve from redirecting suction between the wand and the cleaner head. With no suction at the cleaner head, you may well notice your machine pushing debris around rather than picking it up.

Please follow the steps shown in our video guides for help resolving this - the model here isn’t identical to yours, but the process will be very similar:

As long as there are no blockages, and the changeover valve can move freely, you should have no issues with the performance of your machine.

If you do need further support, the Dyson US Customer Care team will be able to help under your free 5-year Dyson warranty. Visit Dyson.com and click Support for options getting in touch.

Hope this helps!