Dyson Ball Animal issues | Dyson Community
Question

Dyson Ball Animal issues

• 6 May 2024
  • 1 reply

Whille I love my Dyson Ball Animal for my wall-to-wall carpet, I find using the attachments so frustrating I want to throw the vacuum down the hill behind my house.

My old dyson had an issue with the hose that connects to the attachments being too strung out and almost impossible to straighten and get put away.  The new one?  The hose is SO TIGHT that you can barely use the attachements.  The two attachments I use are the flat brush for my wood floors and the small attachment that has two round brush heads on it for my rugs that are on the wood floor.

First, the wand is too short to be useful for someone 5’7” tall.  I have to hunch over to use this attachment.  Second, since the tube is so tight and barely streches out, every time I do stretch it out the vaccuum comes charging into me and the bottom hook where the cord wraps smacks into my leg.  I have bruises there from the hook slamming into me.

I have spoken to support and they simply said hmmm.  

I love my Dyson for my wall to wall carpet but the rest frustrates me to no end.  Whoever at Dyson tested this machine must have been 5’2” tall and worn boots so that the bruises don’t occur.

If someone has a fix for this I would love to hear about it.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @kbayless,

Welcome to the Dyson Community, and thanks for sharing your feedback on using the hose on your Dyson Ball Animal upright vacuum.

Due to the machine’s very powerful suction, it’s normal to experience some resistance from the hose as you vacuum - as airflow rushes into the machine at high velocity. We’d recommend always working with the machine close to you, ensuring it follows as you move around, to avoid it being pulled towards you suddenly from a distance. 

I’m sorry if you’re unhappy with the design of this feature. There’s nothing we can do to change this, but if you have further concerns you’re welcome to continue the conversation directly with the Dyson Customer Care team in your region. Please visit Dyson.com and click the round purple button to launch the Dyson Digital Assistant. Then click the agent icon in the bottom left corner of the chat window to start a conversation with our Customer Care team.

In the meantime I’ll be happy to make sure your comments are passed along to the right teams internally.