Dyson Purifier - Helping with Dust Mites - Recommendation | Dyson Community
Solved

Dyson Purifier - Helping with Dust Mites - Recommendation

• 16 August 2023
  • 1 reply

Hi,

I am new to this community. I am looking to buy a purifier for my son as he has been recently diagnosed with dust mite allergy! He coughs non stop at night and none of us are able to sleep. Im trying to keep the bedding and room as clean as possible but it doesnt look like its enough to stop him from coughing at night. Im looking for a purifier. I have read through a lot of reviews but no one seems to have mentioned anything about dust mites! Does anyone have dust mite allergy and which purifier would help me tackle this issue? Any advice would be great! 

Thanks in advance

icon

Best answer by Stuart 17 August 2023, 15:18

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @Riya153 

Thanks for sharing this with the Community. 

It doesn't look like this is something our other members have experience in, hopefully I can provide you with some insight and a suggestion going forward. 

As you’ve mentioned dust mites as a trigger, I’d encourage you to read our Allergy season: Seasonal allergy triggers and prevention tips article - this specifically called out dust mites within the home and offers tips for preventing their presence.

Based on my own research, dust mites themselves aren’t airborne, more so the waste particles that they produced are. It may therefore be important to look at a two pronged approach. Using a vacuum cleaner, with filtration to remove the dust mites from the home, along with following the other advice on the above article. Secondly, tackling the air bourn particles with a Purifier. Dyson Purifiers capture 99.95% of allergens and pollutants as small as 0.1 micron made up of small particles like dust, dander, bacteria, and allergens that move around the home through the air. Common dust mites are 100 micron is size. 

With the above in mind, if you’re looking for a suggestions on which Dyson help, I’d recommend visiting our ‘Help me choose’ article mentioned below: 

1. Help me Choose - Dyson Cordless Vacuum
  2. Help me Choose - Air Treatment Machine (Purifier)

Thanks, 

Stuart