Dyson vacuum hard to push on carpet - Help! | Dyson Community
Solved

Dyson vacuum hard to push on carpet - Help!

• 24 June 2023
  • 7 replies

it is very hard to push on the carpets , this has only started the last few weeks.

can anybody help  thank you.

(Moderation Edit - Tags Added/Category Updated) 

icon

Best answer by Stuart 26 June 2023, 12:58

View original

7 replies

I think it depends on the type of Dyson you have. I’d give their online diagnostics a walkthrough - https://www.dyson.co.uk/support. Obvious issues are dirty filters, blockage and missing wheels. The online walkthrough should ID the cause.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @arrowhead

Spencer is right, the cause can vary depending on the model you own - likewise the advice we offer varies across the range. 

I’d recommend visiting the local Dyson website to run through a few quick and easy troubleshooting checks to help work out why this is happening. You’ll need your machine to hand to do this.

The best place to start is on our online support guide, which you can find here: Guides and manuals. Once on the page, select your model from the on-screen options and navigate through until you reach the ‘Troubleshooting’ section. 

Thanks, 

Stuart

thanks to all for your help i will try your suggestion.

Is anyone having problems moving the big ball cleaner around the house?  I find it so heavy that the handle twists when I try to turn it and the plastic the handle attaches to bends significantly.  I have to lift it up as opposed to turning using the ball, which has worked well on my previous (small ball) cleaners.  Does anyone else have this problem?

(Moderation Edit - Moved to Existing Questions)

Is anyone having problems moving the big ball cleaner around the house?  I find it so heavy that the handle twists when I try to turn it and the plastic the handle attaches to bends significantly.  I have to lift it up as opposed to turning using the ball, which has worked well on my previous (small ball) cleaners.  Does anyone else have this problem?

(Moderation Edit - Moved to Existing Questions)

If this behaviour is new, its likely the cause of a broken part. Start with the links above to troubleshoot why. If its acted this way since new, if there’s no broken part I'd say it’s too powerful for your carpets. 

I am very disappointed in my new Dyson- it is an Animal 2.

After using it for about 6 weeks, it is very hard to push especially on carpet. After troubleshooting myself, as well as with the help of someone at Dyson via chat, it was suggested that I take my brand new vacuum cleaner to get looked at. The service center is over 35 miles away- one way. It is unacceptable that I paid over $300.00 for something that does not work after only 6 weeks. 

I have always wanted a Dyson. I will definitely discourage anyone from buying from this company. While the customer service person I dealt with was nice, the overall customer service of the company is horrible.

-Krista

Userlevel 5

@KristaC. Dyson’s are suitable for all flooring types, the suction can be too high for thicker carpets. 

They introduced a suction control slider to their newer products to help with this. It’s usually found on the cleaner head and looks like a RED slider. If you’re having trouble finding this, try visiting their support journey on the website for further advice. use Visit Dyson.com and click ‘Support’.