Gen5 Detect Crevice tool | Dyson Community
Solved

Gen5 Detect Crevice tool

I’ve recently upgraded from a V6 absolute to Gen5 detect.

i used to used the crevice tool on my v6 on the pipe to clean high up and along my skirting boards.

The gen5 crevice tool is built in to the bin and I wondered if there was any way of connecting the pipe to the bin like the V6 so I could use the crevice tool at the end of the pipe for high and low reach hoovering.

thank you

icon

Best answer by Jack 8 May 2024, 12:58

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Gemmalams,

Your Dyson Gen5detect™ vacuum’s Built-in dusting and crevice tool needs to remain attached to your machine while you're using the wand - either to vacuum floors with the cleaner head, or for reaching up high or down low. But you can then attach the additional Crevice tool (separate to the Built-in one) to the end of the wand to clean as you’ve described.

Hope this helps!

Thank you. I’m probably being really stupid but which additional crevice tool. I bought the absolute package so got the combination tool and small hair tool. 

I didn’t get an additional crevice tool with the model I purchased (absolute). Please can you advise which part this is so I can purchase it. Thank you for your help 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Gemmalams,

Thanks for confirming - in that case you have a couple of options:

The Light Pipe crevice tool - a crevice tool with LED lights lets you reach into dark, narrow spaces and see where you’re cleaning.

The Awkward gap tool - Long and narrow crevice tool, with a 22° twist to clean car storage compartments, tight gaps and hard-to-reach places.

Either of these should be suitable for your needs, and compatible with your machine.