Help my DC25 brush bar isn't spinning - Any suggestions? | Dyson Community
Solved

Help my DC25 brush bar isn't spinning - Any suggestions?

• 18 August 2023
  • 4 replies

I’m hoping someone can help.

I have a D25 and the brush bar has stopped spinning.  What actually happens is that when I turn the Dyson on the brush bar spins momentarily before stopping.  I have looked at the videos online, removed the brush-bar and thoroughly cleaned it.  So am confident that isn’t the issue.  The fact it spins momentarily (with associated sound) suggests that it wouldn’t be a motor problem.

Can anyone suggest what the issue might be and how to solve it please?

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 19 August 2023, 14:02

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5

If I recall correctly, the side of the cleaner head has a little red button. This will resets the motor. 

If this doesn’t work, try removing it and connecting it back on again. After that, I’m at a loss. Sorry. 

Hello @Robt14 

Thanks for reaching out to the community platform.

In most markets the DC25 is retired, this means we longer provide servicing or replacement parts for this machine.

Please click here to complete the troubleshooting steps, if the issue is not resolved or if you need a replacement part please see the list of retailers below you can purchase from.

• eSpares  

• PartMaster  

• Buyspares  

• Spares2Go – genuine parts from Spares2Go are only available on Amazon  

• 4Your Home  

• PartCentre  

• PartsCentre 

• Appliance Spares Warehouse 

Hope this helps.

Thank you Bob and Audra.

I followed the link Audra and did all that it suggested without it fixing the issue then the final thing it says is to call your freephone support number and all they tell me is the machine is retired.  It seems pointless to have a troubleshoot on a retired machine that ultimately tells you to call a number where all they say is the machine is retired…  

The odd thing is that the roller does turn momentarily when it turns on which suggests to a novice like me that the roller isn’t jammed (its completely clean now anyway) and the motor is ok.  So still looking for a solution if anyone has any ideas please?  If I knew what part was required I could buy it...

Thanks for the feedback @Robt14 

I followed the link Audra and did all that it suggested without it fixing the issue then the final thing it says is to call your freephone support number and all they tell me is the machine is retired.  It seems pointless to have a troubleshoot on a retired machine that ultimately tells you to call a number where all they say is the machine is retired…  

The odd thing is that the roller does turn momentarily when it turns on which suggests to a novice like me that the roller isn’t jammed (its completely clean now anyway) and the motor is ok.  So still looking for a solution if anyone has any ideas please?  If I knew what part was required I could buy it…

We're sorry that following the steps and contacting the customer care team did not resolve the issue - as a next step I’d suggest getting in touch with our authorized retailer for assistance.

In terms of a replacement part, as the issue is with the motor head itself, I’d suggest replacing the whole cleaner head - failing this, an engineer will need to inspect the machine for a fault. 

For convenience please click here to get in touch with eSpares, for advice on how to get the issue resolved.