Is Dyson Animal still hard to push or pull? | Dyson Community
Skip to main content
Solved

Is Dyson Animal still hard to push or pull?

• 8 June 2024
  • 4 replies

We have had Dyson vacuums for over 25 years, and I almost bought a new one today.  The problem is that the one I have will not push or pull easily, and I was told by Dyson that it was the fault of my carpet.  Well, I still have the same carpet, and like some of the other online folks, the Dyson was the best for animal hair, but Dyson’s help was useless.  Finally, out of utter frustration, I found a “fix” online, and have been able to use the vacuum by “breaking” something off.  Dyson then told me I voided the warranty.  Well, I am in the market for a new vacuum, and found the Dyson Animal on sale in Sam’s Club.  I had it in my cart, and had second thoughts.  If Dyson has not fixed the problem, I will be back where I was.  As I said, Dyson was no help.  I did not buy such an expensive vacuum not to be able to use it as an upright with a rotating brush.  When I looked at this forum, I found others with the same problem.  I experience it from the get go.  Other than replacing carpet, or putting a floor attachment (which left dog hair behind), is there any real fix to this problem?

This inactive topic has now been automatically closed. For help or advice, please create a new topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi @kdd,

Welcome to the Dyson Community!

To make sure we can offer you the most accurate advice, are you able to confirm if the new Dyson Animal vacuum you were considering was a cordless stick vacuum, or a corded upright model?

We’ll look forward to hearing from you.

It is a corded model. Dyson Ball Animal 3+ Upright vacuum cleaner.  It is now $349. instead of just under $300.

corded

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi @kdd,

Thanks for confirming!

The Dyson Ball™ Animal 3 vacuum includes a red suction control slider at the front of its Motorbar cleaner head. This lets you seal in the suction for the intensive cleaning of stubborn, ground-in dirt, or open the intake gates - which helps when picking up larger debris, and reduces the pushforce needed on densely-woven or longer pile carpet types:

Dyson Ball™ Animal 3 - suction control slider

So this may well resolve the issue for you!