V15 Absolute Vs DC41 Animal | Dyson Community
Skip to main content
Solved

V15 Absolute Vs DC41 Animal

• 4 August 2024
  • 1 reply

I have a dc41 Animal, which I would like to use as a second vacuums to my V15 Absolute. 

However the suction on the DC41 is so poor, I have lots of dog hair which the V15 handles with ease, but the DC41 will not suck it all up. Are the newer Corded Animal uprights better than the cordless for suction? I have replaced all filters in the DC41 and checked everything for blockages.

Hi @bear daisy,

Welcome to the Dyson Community!

The Dyson DC41 is a powerful corded upright vacuum, and we wouldn’t normally expect you to have any concerns about performance on carpet or hard floors. It’s possible damage or ordinary wear and tear from use are now impacting pickup. 

To make sure it’s working as well as it should be, we would recommend reaching out to our experts to run through some simple troubleshooting checks when you have your machine easily to hand. If a repair or replacement parts are needed, they’ll be best placed to discuss your options with you.

You can get in touch by visiting Dyson.com and clicking Support.

However if you’d rather replace your DC41 at this point, our current range of Dyson corded uprights will also be able to tackle pet hair effectively across all surfaces. They also now include motorised cleaner heads which automatically de-tangle human and animal hair as they vacuum - helping to minimise maintenance. You can find out more about our current range on Dyson.com.

Hope this help!